Pendulum Casting

Discussion of sea fishing rods, boat, beach, surf casting and spinning rods.
mjwoo
Occasional
Occasional

Pendulum Casting

Post by mjwoo »

Hey all, just learnt how to pendulum cast and am wondering which rod is best suited for it - i have a daiwa supercast sts12m but i am not sure if the sts12pm is more suited :/
any info or advice woud be greatly appreciated :D
thanks
matt

fishy1330

Post by fishy1330 »

hi the supercast is pretty much perfect for you to evolve your stile it is quite posabull to cast well over 200 meters, it is easer to use a forgiving rod than a more powerful rod remember work before you can run, i did 225 meters with baits with my old pk supercast that was rated to cast 180 meters , let me now how you get on ian p.s try to get some to video you it helps a lot you can see wear you need to improve :) ian

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Post by Iknowagoodplaice »

You can use any cast you like with any beach rod. Most people think the supercast one of the best.

Anyway, all this pendulum casting's a bit girly. I just use the underhand flick. 300m every time, give or take.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Have to agree that the supercast is an almost ideal rod for simple pendulum casting. I do airialised OTG casting which is close to pendulum and I had a chuck with iknowagoodplaice's supercast a few weeks ago - I was well impressed with it.

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Post by Iknowagoodplaice »

The number of posts on this topic seem to be shrinking. A bit like my casting distances. Curiouser and curiouser.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I used to own a Supercast mark 1 (Paul Kerry) and I regretted selling it ever since. The updated version although a superb rod, came nowhere near the quality of the original.
Cheers
keith :D :D

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

I owned a pair of 13ft super casts and there were excellent rods for casting ;)