suveran Evo uptide 9.9ft

Discussion of sea fishing rods, boat, beach, surf casting and spinning rods.
mdjlucan

suveran Evo uptide 9.9ft

Post by mdjlucan »

just got this rod it says the tip is soft enough not to trip your leads. wot do it men by that

redmouse
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by redmouse »

i THINK it means that the tip will bend and flex taking the pressure off the line and stopping the grip leads from breaking free. when uptiding i always tought a large bow of line was left out to help with this anyway but not too sure.

mdjlucan

Post by mdjlucan »

this rod ok to pier fish 4oz lead

strathy
Regular
Regular

Post by strathy »

Will make a good pier rod, I use my Esprit for boat and pier and deep rock marks.
Get a drop net though as I,ve seen rough ground rods snap trying to lift doggies up the side of a pier.

tomcat
Regular
Regular

Post by tomcat »

Self explanitory really. Wired uptide leads cast away from the boat uptide or across the tide, can, with too stiff a tip, have their wires tripped from gripping due to a combination of tide and wave action on the boat. A good uptide rod has sufficient flexibility in the tip to absorb these pressures without "tripping" the lead. A bow of line is also utilised to asborb tidal force but the tip action is required to absorb wave and boat movement.Its the up and down or rocking action of the boat that creates the extra bit of pressure that causes the tripping. The Suveran uptide rods are excellent examples of the rod design. Soft flexible tip section with a powerful mid section for effortless casting and loads of power in the lower section to bully heavy fish. Top rods.