HELP NEED NEW BEACHCASTER!!!

Discussion of sea fishing rods, boat, beach, surf casting and spinning rods.
CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

HELP NEED NEW BEACHCASTER!!!

Post by CodCrazy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 pm

benn looking for a new beachcaster, but stumped on what to get,

been looking at the greys PZ match has anyone used this rod and has anyone got any suggestions?

cheers shane :)

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:15 am

I have 2 of these, they are very easy to cast as they have a soft action without being floppy. Also they are very light in weight and withthe correct technique, do cast a long way. Bite indication is positive even at range with light bites.
Rated to cast 5oz, this rod copes very well with 5oz and bait and will manage 6oz and bait with a powerful cast but anything over that, I would recommend just an overhead cast without loads of power, although if you were unfortunate enough to damage one there is a lifetime guarantee.
The anyfish anywhere six and baits are better and cheaper though as with any rod what suits one person may not suit another so if possible try a few out before you buy.

joliroger

Post by joliroger » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:44 am

Hi Shane good morning,
If you look in the same section ie Rods iv'e posted about the 'Firefly' range of surf / beach casters, all the responces have been favourable up to yet..............might be worth taking a look at.

Cheers JOLI

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mac47 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 am

joliroger wrote:Hi Shane good morning,
If you look in the same section ie Rods iv'e posted about the 'Firefly' range of surf / beach casters, all the responces have been favourable up to yet..............might be worth taking a look at.

Cheers JOLI
Your tempting me to be a born again tackle tart Joli :D.
Got to agree that these rods have not had a bad review and they are reasonably priced. Plus the beach rods have been upgraded according to Firefly Angling.
MMMMMMMMM! Bought the mrs a top of the range canon digi camera for xmas, wonder how much goodwill I have accrued :)
Mac.

CodCrazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by CodCrazy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:10 pm

thanks for your ideas and feedback,

i have gone for a zziplex primo syncro and im well chuffed with it

cheers :D