All rounder

Discussion of sea fishing rods, boat, beach, surf casting and spinning rods.
pheasentplucker

All rounder

Post by pheasentplucker »

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Shakespare Salt
Cheers keith :D

funkel

Post by funkel »

The Century cccld. For its price you won't get anything that comes near it in my humble opinion anyway its a cracking rod comes in a lovely rod bag complete with reducer and can definitely be called an all rounder.I don,t work for century by the way!!!just a favourite of mine.

hope this helps
funkel

pheasentplucker

Thanks you two, I'll have a look at both.

pheasentplucker

Keith, Which Salt rod?

codfather911

;

Post by codfather911 »

there is some good older rods that you can pick up second hand cheap as chips e.g conoflex highlander even the conoflex source there is some cracking older rods to think about that you can get really cheap just a thought :D
codfather B-)

pheasentplucker

Cheers Codfather, just had a look at the Conoflex rods. V interesting. Have you had any experience of these rods or do you know somebody that has? Good or bad reviews?

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

PM Rockhoper mate, he's got two of em. :D

codfather911

ls

Post by codfather911 »

yes my uncle has one cant say he has caught alot of fish with it but there u go lol but nah it is a good rod the highlander that is and i may be wrong but as bucko says rockhopper does have conoflex rods but i do think rockhopper has a conoflex source he was planning on geting rid of not quite sure if he was or not he said it was abit to much of a rod for him lol but conoflex are good rods i also read in my fishing mags that the conoflex source is a good casting rod and great match rod my dad uses the nemesis and i have used that of late and wow what a rod to pull them fish out of the rocks and kelp anymore questions be sure to ask :D
codfather B-)

pheasentplucker

Cheers everybody, but I must admit that the Conoflex rods do sound good. Their quite expensive though, but I suppose you pay for what you get.

codfather911

lds

Post by codfather911 »

yes they are expensive but you can pick a second hand one up decent nick for half the price as it is new they are great rods they are well up there with century and zziplex rods :D
codfather B-)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

funkel

Post by funkel »

Thats exactly why i reccomended the cccld its within the budget that the chap specified can be used in a variety situations thus making it a great all rounder and you don't have to be a mighty pendulum warrior to get the best from it.

So a cracking user friendly rod great all rounder job done

Funkel

codfather911

lh

Post by codfather911 »

yes but i did recomend a second hand rod would be better as you get alot more for the money as it is alot cheaper and there is some bargains to be had especialy conoflex rods as the they dont hold there price like zziplex and century do but still a really good make of rod and they know how to build them aswell so you do get better value
codfather B-)

trublue111

Post by trublue111 »