Scary moment on Gorleston Beach

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

chukka63 wrote:
thebigbassman wrote:no its not a thing to joke about, but if it comes to it being an ex rugby player who now weighs 20+ stone i will be able to see off a couple of kids with weapons but also if i would use my filleting knife if needed

do i look like a woman,blimey.
i have not said you was a woman :-/ :-/ :-/

Reels_on_wheels

Post by Reels_on_wheels »

I feel a bit vulnerable at times when fishing on my own. I fish at the quayside which is relatively well lit so that I can see who is coming and from a distance as well.
A couple of weeks ago I was fishing on my own and there was nobody else around when I seen these three guys approaching. There were talking to each other and they were still drinking, they were still holding cans and had a few in a bag but society today has made everyone apprehensive. Not knowing what was going to happen, I put my filleting knife in between my leg and the sidegaurd of the chair but as it turns out, they walked over, had a chat about what I had caught and then went on their way telling me to enjoy the rest of my day.
I hate knifes but as mentioned society has made us very wary so this was all I could think off. I would hate to think what would have happened if they did do anything as I should not have used a knife but what is the alternative?
Most people are happy to stop and have a chat because they see me in the wheelchair and it is not something they see everyday but I am always on my guard in case the unthinkable does happen.
Cheers
Reels

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

Reels_on_wheels wrote:I feel a bit vulnerable at times when fishing on my own. I fish at the quayside which is relatively well lit so that I can see who is coming and from a distance as well.
A couple of weeks ago I was fishing on my own and there was nobody else around when I seen these three guys approaching. There were talking to each other and they were still drinking, they were still holding cans and had a few in a bag but society today has made everyone apprehensive. Not knowing what was going to happen, I put my filleting knife in between my leg and the sidegaurd of the chair but as it turns out, they walked over, had a chat about what I had caught and then went on their way telling me to enjoy the rest of my day.
I hate knifes but as mentioned society has made us very wary so this was all I could think off. I would hate to think what would have happened if they did do anything as I should not have used a knife but what is the alternative?
Most people are happy to stop and have a chat because they see me in the wheelchair and it is not something they see everyday but I am always on my guard in case the unthinkable does happen.
Cheers
Reels
reels put a motor on the back of your chair mate :D :D