Scary moment on Gorleston Beach

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

chukka63

Scary moment on Gorleston Beach

Post by chukka63 »

me and 15 year old son were the only 2 fishing near the wreck at gorleston tonight when a youth came from the darkness from behind me.my son was looking behind me which made me think someone was approaching,so i looked round and 8ft away was a guy walking up to us.when he got level,asked what we'd caught,then i noticed a cricket bat by his side.then he asked for a ciggy,i dont smoke.i got my phone out to call my partner to make him aware people knew where i was etc,he asked what phone it was etc etc.he left shortly after.why would you carry a cricket bat at that time of night along a "deserted beach".got home safe,but just beware.p.s.,poor nights fishing

Moboma

Post by Moboma »

Ahhh you must have forgot to report to the police station that you was going to fish Yarmouth area.

Upon registration of your trip you get a full self defence kit
comprising of

1 Large lump of 4x3
2 Manual of basic easter European insults.
3 Drug and mental ilness spotters guide
4 Boy racer note pad ( to get registration of the one driving on the paths that just missed you)

5 Great white guide to paddling

This is just to name a few

Welcome to sleepy Norfolk Fishing

Zoidberg
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Zoidberg »

It could be genuine Chukka, a colleague of mine has already started indoor nets in preparation for the upcoming season. However, if it was me i'd have been suspicious as well.

Thanks for posting the warning though, there are some nutters out there.

cfishingnewbee

Post by cfishingnewbee »

Just be careful. It could be worthwile to bring a shot gun with you maybe.
The yarmouth area is not the best place to go on your own at night! :-S

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

you got a problem with guns and such boy i think the best thing for you to do is sign yourself in to your nearest psycho unit and sort yourself out :-S :-S

LUGGY
Occasional
Occasional

Post by LUGGY »

I have a secret weapon for fending off Yarmouths unfriendlies, last time the unfriendlies arrived on an evening session Don got his piles out!

Watch em screamin and runnnin for their lives!

shimanomano

Post by shimanomano »

it could have been worse ,, it could have been cfishingnewbee creeping up on you, then i wud worry lol

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

shimanomano wrote:it could have been worse ,, it could have been cfishingnewbee creeping up on you, then i wud worry lol
he most probs is 1 of them

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Wouldn't worry about it mate, most yob youfs are gutless cowards and always go around mob-handed (that's how they got Garry Newlove because they would not have got him one on one). So one on his own even with a cricket bat is very unlikely to start anything. In my experience they usually turn up three or four, p***ed or high and making a row. Fortunately they always buzz off again when they see that there are two of us because being cowards they don't want to take the risk that one of us could be a bit handy (actually we both are LOL).

crazy-dude
Regular
Regular

Post by crazy-dude »

I am assuming by the way that the original post was worded I can imagine that the chap and his son that were out fishing felt very intimidated to be approached by someone with a cricket bat.
I know I can handle myself if needs must but some people out there may be more vunerable than others, especially if out late with their children, not really something to joke about

Last edited by crazy-dude on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

no its not a thing to joke about, but if it comes to it being an ex rugby player who now weighs 20+ stone i will be able to see off a couple of kids with weapons but also if i would use my filleting knife if needed

Don
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Don »

Luggy, one look at your casting and they'd soon run off (probably laughing!).

chukka63

Post by chukka63 »

thebigbassman wrote:no its not a thing to joke about, but if it comes to it being an ex rugby player who now weighs 20+ stone i will be able to see off a couple of kids with weapons but also if i would use my filleting knife if needed

do i look like a woman,blimey.

Moboma

Post by Moboma »

Hey Chris is there something you are not telling us ? >:) >:) >:) >:)

crazy-dude
Regular
Regular

Post by crazy-dude »

Sorry chukka,
didn't have me glasses on and misread it.
B-)