Lowestoft Harbour 17/02 fishing report

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

satan

Lowestoft Harbour 17/02 fishing report

Post by satan »

had loads of little whiting and codling nothing to bring home biggest codling was about 30 cm but then again couldnt really concentrate on fishing with coastguard and lifeboat out looking for kids missing in an inflatable dinghy when will parents learn ?
anyhow 2 kids found safe still waiting to hear about the 3rd kid hope he ok don't fancy hooking him next time :(

concrete

Post by concrete »

It's time the RNLI started charging the full cost of the rescue to people who have been neglectful or stupid. They wouldn't have to do it many times before the idiots got the message. I think they should publish a code of conduct (obvious basic stuff) and if people don't bother taking note, then they should pay. I know they are one of the best supported charities, but it's still not a bottomless pit.

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 »

Better still, ban the sale of those stupid plastic dinghys. How many of the parents that buy them actually know anything about tides and currents? I had to rescue a kid in one many years ago (I used to swim at national level) when he lost his oars and started drifting out on the tide. My old man heard the shouts and looked at me and said "in you go then!" (I was twelve!) I caught him at the last mooring line in the bay and then just hung on until our friend had got his boat out again to come and get us both. The kids old man just laughed. He thought it was funny! My Dad decked him. And there in lies the problem with these people; they just don't see that their stupidity risks the lives of many others. It's the same for mountain rescue too. I've been out with them on a recovery and most of the time the people have got themselves into trouble by simply not being prepared. It's a basic failing of society-people think that they're better than they are!

satan

dinghy

Post by satan »

problem is all around the east coast is blooming dangerous with currents 1 lifeboat guy had been at work all day and was shopping when he got called out the poor bloke had no tea and there was noone on quayside to thank them when they got home over 4 hrs later it really makes me sick to think some parents dont give a monkey's at times

concrete

Post by concrete »

They must have so many kids that they can afford to lose a couple. That's something Mrs C says when she sees kids that aren't strapped in properly in cars.

satan

true

Post by satan »

i know what mrs c means concrete m8 but dont it just make ya mad lol

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 »

Its the product of a me first society. Parents buy off kids so that they can continue their lives uninteruppted! I work on the basis that just 'cos i chose to have kids, does not give me the right to inflict them on someone else!

satan

kids

Post by satan »

yes i know what u mean duncan thats why i aint got kids i hate the world we live in today so why bring kids into it and also it means i wud have to grow up too and as a parent u cannot control ur kids how ur parents controlled u a clip round ears never did me any harm when i was in wrong and it taught me respect that some aint got

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 »

You don't have to grow up to have kids. You just have to learn to grow old disgracefully! :lol: :lol:

satan

kids

Post by satan »

aint no way i letting kids play with my remote control toys lol

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 »

Ah, but the secret is to get them really good ones that you'd really like and then play with them yourself! :lol: :lol:

concrete

Post by concrete »

I may have girls, but they still have a Scalextric :lol:

satan

toys

Post by satan »

do u reckon a r/c helicopter could carry a 5oz lead and 2 hook trace out to see then duncan

DuncBooth5

Post by DuncBooth5 »

I don't see why not! I'd try it somewhere a little less wet first though! :lol: :lol: What about some real class-a 1/3 scale Lancaster bomber with a working bomb bay! :lol: :lol:

satan

lol

Post by satan »

i reckon u are just as big a kid as i am lol