Shocking news

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Shocking news

Post by flattiefanatic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Due to the kindness of my good friend Royboy in sorting me out with some quality fishing gear i will be making a return to sea fishing. I will be making regular trips up Roys way, however i will be visiting the skeggy coast as well. What has that part of the east coast got to offer.....Over to you guys please ;)

P.S Species likely to catch from End april onwards and either side of skeg marks would be great ;)

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi flattie
Skegness has got a lot of good areas . I tend to fish near the golf course at the north end of town on the way to ingoldmells last year was very productive for soles to rag worm, further up near to butlins good for schoolie bass, flatties and occasionally eels. Then you get chapel trunch lane lake side leisure I had cod late April a couple of years ago ( only one to date lol) also schoolie bass flatties mid June brings smooth hounds and October brings whiting. Carry on and you get to chapel corner, anderby creek, wollay bank, mogs eye all good marks on their day. For comfortable fishing hutoft fishes out of the car all the usual speices are caught. There can be a weed problem on strong tides, the crabs move in in force but that's what brings the fish in, if the wife gets better might make it to the caravan next week, and get to wet a line fingers crossed.
Hope this helps
Tight lines Ian :D

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:30 am

Cheers buddy thats a great help ;) Will have to meet up on the beach one day ;)

smallfry
Occasional
Occasional

Post by smallfry » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 am

glad that helped ;) . it'll be good to meet up . look forward to it.
cheers ian. :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 am

Good heavens to murgatroyd! Actually, I thought it wouldn't be long FF, although I left it out for 20 years and then had to learn all over again. So did my neighbour and new fishing buddy but lucky for him he had me to take him through the learning curve quite quickly. I ought to charge him really but he does bring a couple of tinnies sometimes LOL.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:50 pm

lol, wont take me long to get into the swing of things. My casting should be ok and with the amount of rigs i used to make for myself i will be catching in no time.....Hopefully ;)

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Good to hear your getting back at it FF.Even more reason to pop up and see ya fella :D

DAZ B-) B-) B-)