new to sea fishing help needed

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

rager

new to sea fishing help needed

Post by rager »

hi everyone i am new to the site and quite new to sea fishing i spent 25years carp fishing dont get the time now and have just purchased 2 beach rods and tripod and i am looking for some advice on fishing felixstowe i live in ipswich just need to know ware to fish, wot bait is best, and rig selection, and also the size of lead needed if anyone can help me or i could meet them down there sometime to gain some experience it would be very appreciated hope to hear and see from you soon :)

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand »

hi mate, sorry i cant help you because of not being in your area and have never fished where you are.
i am sure there must be someone on here who can help.
welcome anyway.
i also used to do a lot of carp angling and still enjoy it occasionally. it makes a change sometimes from being stuck on a cold windy beach, more relaxing lol.
cheers gary

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

welcome along rager to the site, only fished felixstowe a few times so not to sure of the hot spots,, bait would depend on the time of year (like most places) as a lot of us find that rag worm, mackeral,squid work well in the summer months where as lug, squid, work best in winter,, but its not to say that any bait wont cach at any time of the year so the choice would be down to yourself what you would like to take along,, as for rigs again it will depend on what you are after but a favoured choice is a 2 or 3 hook flapper as you cant go wrong with them, as for myself i use pennel pully rig and a clipped down running rig, now felixstowe, when i have fished there i used to drive to the old fort (languard point), park up and walk along the shingle and fish anywhere from there, lead would be 5/6oz as at time times the tide does run hard (shockleader 60lb), another spot is drive past the fort to where the road comes to the end park up and walk to your left to anywhere near the corner, it can be a bit snaggy there but snags do hold feeding fish, as you live in ipswich you have also got acces to aldbrough and shingle street which are other places to try, myself dont tend to do much beach fishing during the summer as i do a bit of puddle chucking lol and also i find to many people on the beach sunning it up and when they go swimming its like they dont care that theres a line in the water, but if i were to go id do an evening tide where then most of the beach is free to do what you wish,, hope this in some way helps,,

simon

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Welcome to the site m8 ;)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

A warm welcome to the forums.
Cheers