Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Ben_HSAC

Yo-Zuri Mag Popper

Post by Ben_HSAC »

Hi there

Just bought a Yo-Zuri Mag Popper surface lure for bass fishing this summer in Green Mackerel colour. Just wondering if anyone has used them before and had any luck?

Cheers!

Harrris

Post by Harrris »

Hi mate, I've got one of the same mackerel-green ones, in a smallish size. To be honest I've never had any luck with it but when you're reeling them in they do look seriously realistic. The way you can flick them from side to side looks just like a little fish flapping about on the surface. A few times I've had terns and gulls trying to catch it so it must be doing something right.

I have heard that later in the year is better for lure fishing because when the water has warmed up a bit the bass are more actively hunting live prey instead of just scavenging. Don't know how true that is but it sounds sensible enough.

Anyway, I'd definitely give it a go and see how you get on. Good luck mate.

slashley
Regular
Regular

Post by slashley »

Yeah I have one of the same too plus a sinking one. I have used em a couple of times and do feel that they are very good lures. I read loads of reviews and stuff before buying them and these always seemed to get a mention as being some of the best. Good luck. :)

fosma
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fosma »

I tend to use it as a last light lure. I find the fish shy away from it if light levels are too high. Still one of my favourite. No better lure to stop the heart when they hit off the surface.

Ben_HSAC

Post by Ben_HSAC »

Thanks for posting guys, I must say it does look like a good lure. :>

Will be using in the next few weeks when I visit North Wales so hopefully will get a chance to use it and see if I get any luck!

Almost had a good looking Bass up there a few years ago on a surface lure so they are about, all about time and patience lol

aaronlee

Post by aaronlee »

One of my favourite lures. also like the rapala skitterpops certainly the best form of lure fishing had quite a few bass on these as well as the lucky craft sammys. this website has some good pops replicars of the skitterpops and work just as good, if anyone wants to have a go!

http://www.lurepro.co.uk