fishing a not know area

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

bigwobs

fishing a not know area

Post by bigwobs »

hi there all a m8 of mine has just text me and said he is going fishing on the 27th of this month at Salthouse and do i want to go for the hole weekend i thought he was having me on at first as not heard of this place lol but now i c on the map ,sorry for going on can any one give me some info as i will b going.... bait best tides low or high and any bad bits like snagging areas any info wold b good ,,thanks ,,,thanks ,,chris

osean
Occasional
Occasional

Post by osean »

Hi Mate,
I fish Salthouse when I can and I think that it fishes better at the low end or dusk, you will get a few trippers and twitchers at times but pretty safe. The car park is free at the moment, anywhere along that bit of shore carries a good shingle bar appx 40 to 60 yds out but can be a bit abrassive on the line, so a good leader is needed.
Bait can be what you can get, I stick with good lug or crab tipped out with squid, expect schoolies to sizable Bass if biting and Dabs, these make up the catch but supprises do come. There is a supplier at Salthouse for lug although I have never tried him because I dig my own, his number is 01263 740641 and he is by the chip shop as you go down beach road.
Wil

bigwobs

Post by bigwobs »

thanks for that really helpful ,,thanks chris