Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

osean
Occasional
Occasional

Salthouse report

Post by osean »

Salthouse.
Dug some worm bait and arrived at about 2pm tide was well down, some 12 other anglers there who had fished over the high tide.
I set 2 rods and 2 hook trace with very small hooks. Slowly the other rods left the beach with only 2 others still fishing.
No sign of crabs although bait was dissapearing and very little weed. I fished the low tide until 3 hours up, just over the turn bites started, Dabs, small Bass, I ended up with 5 Dabs 2 of these were nice size, and 2 Bass 1 was a very good size, no scales but guess around 2 1/2 lb, so small hooks still work on larger fish.
Chatting to a couple in the car park after, I forgot that I had left my phone on the car roof and drove of with it still on the top, to late in remember it, gone. 1 hour after getting home supprise the phone had been handed in to Holt police station thank to that person they restored my faith in honesty.
Will

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, sounds like you had a good day fishing, and well done to the guy who handed your phone in, it just shows there are honest peeps out there, and they are prepared to go out of their way to return lost items. =D> Cheers...Mick

mtkd

Post by mtkd »

Going to go down later this afternoon when the tourists have ebbed, dusted off my tackle and got some worm from Tony in Holt.

mtkd

Post by mtkd »

Did 2h either side of low tide. 4 small dabs + 2 small bass on way down. At low tide I was about to go home then landed a 2lb 5oz bass, followed by another smaller one. Lovely sunset too - beach was empty when I left. Fished 300m right of the main pitch, great spot.

https://img.skitch.com/20110425-mrwtyxy ... bihcpu.jpg