boat trip 27th february 2011 - bradwell

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

boat trip 27th february 2011 - bradwell

Post by fishingnuts95 »

depending on the weather i will be going out with john rawle on sunday. However with metcheck, xcweather, bbc and metoffice changing every 5 minutes and saying different forecasts i am just going to wait for my dad to phone john saturday night.
i have just seen in a post i done in october (been a long time!) that DCM asked for the contact details, below is the websites and numbers for both john rawle and phil white.

http://www.johnrawlefishing.co.uk/ -
boat name - daphne carole, blyth 33ft catamaran, disabled access via door.
Tel 01621 776445
Mobile 07860 920 964

http://www.philwhitecharters.co.uk/index.html
boat name - chinook - offshore 25! however no door for disabled access
MOBILE 07786 080771
HOME 01268 761166

hope this helps

fishingnuts95

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

cheers fishingnuts95 its a great help . i hope you do manage to get out and have a good day
steve

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

thanks steve im pretty confident its going to go ahead. let me know if you do book up with john, if you are fine with boats then i highly recommend both of them as phil also works on johns boat from january- around april depends how long john is in florida for. both great skippers loads of knowledge and in about 35 trips with them i've had 1 blank! not bad in my opinion compared to a load of other boats.
fishingnuts95

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

the trip is going ahead! johns confident as fishing is getting better every day! looking forward to it, will post a report tommorow night!
fishingnuts95

stubad

Post by stubad »

please be a good report as i am going with him tuesday, but from what i here its getting better by the day fingers crossed >:D<

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

A warm welcome to the forums mate, good luck on your trip.
Cheers
keith :D :D

tomcat
Regular
Regular

Post by tomcat »

Count yourself very, very fortunate. You will be fishing with an excellent skipper and angler. I wouldn't be so forward as to suggest he's the UK's best. But as the late great Brian Clough said, "He's in the top one!"

stubad

Post by stubad »

i have been fishing with john for a few years now im just interested in what the fishings like as i like most others down our way have had the worst winter fishing in years, but thanks i do count myself lucky to have such a good skipper so local, and thanks for the welcome

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

stubad he is a great skipper and he has advised me a lot on what to do for my skippers license! when im old enough im definitely doing it! and if you been going out with him for a few years you have bound to have phil white at some point? also a great skipper
fishingnuts95

stubad

Post by stubad »

yeah i agree phil is a lovely guy only been with him twice, infact i didnt realise john was in the uk i thought i was out with phil anyway until john answered the phone on friday, well im glad u had an ok day lets hope tomorrow is another

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

yh i was also surprised he is back already however i know he is back out there late march as he was talking to the other guys on the boat about it yesterday. is the trip going ahead? and yeah phil is a great guy, i've also been out on phils new boat as well but its very different after getting on johns cat for 3 1/2 years!
fishingnuts95

stubad

Post by stubad »

well the trip went ahead and lets just say that it was a little hairy with wind over tide @ 25-30 mph NE, however what a day against all the odds the boat managed 40 codling up to 5 lb at last count, 4 of which fell to myself with my mate taking another 5. no skate today but beggers cant be choosers and after the winter we've all had it was very refreshing, i cant say what the final tally was i gotta hand again to mr rawle he certainly can put us on the fish, anyway 4 hrs later and i am still warming up, nice hot coffee and bed for me.

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

well you had a better day than what i did! and winds like that i bet it was a little rough out there! and where was you fishing just off clacton or was it infront of the windfarm??? well done on the fish and yes john is a great skipper!
fishingnuts95

stubad

Post by stubad »

we where infront of the wind farm

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

thats where we fished on sunday. let me know the next time you are out with john. i've got trips booked with him in july and august with august being individuals.
fishingnuts95