Maldon

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Bonking

Maldon

Post by Bonking »

Hi all,

i'm in Maldon this weekend and considering taking my fishing gear... Just wondered if anyone knows of any decent beach casting marks in the area?... ive been looking on google earth and i quite fancy trying to get down near where the causeway goes over to osey island and giving it a go! does anyone know if it's fishable down there?.... or will i just be wasting my time/drowning worms?... any advice appreciated...

Cheers,
Ben

slashley
Regular
Regular

Post by slashley »

That place used to be called Mill beach and there was a caravan site there with a barrier. Don't know if it is still the same but if you fish off the wall down there you can normally get a few flounders. Better off heading fifteen miles or so along to a proper beach and fish Bradwell where you will get whiting and flats and the chance of a codling.

Bonking

Post by Bonking »

thanks.... i spoke to a fella i know who runs a charter boat out of bradwell last night and he said the same as you... said i'd be better off going down to stone or bradwell... i didn't really want to have to drive that far so i might just do a bit of course fishing on the chelmer at ulting or beeleigh, see if i can catch a chub or two... ;)

slashley
Regular
Regular

Post by slashley »

That sounds pretty good then. Quite nice down on the river this time of year. Good luck... :)