Bait suppliers N. Norfolk coast

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

philg

Bait suppliers N. Norfolk coast

Post by philg »

Hi Folks
Just had a week in N.Norfolk - sadly the guy I used to get my bait from retired last year (which I did`nt know until I arrived) - this led me to making several frantic phone calls trying to find another "local" bait supplier - all to no avail - the nearest was 17 miles away from Wells next the sea.

This led me to think of a possible new thread - if anyone knows of "local" bait suppliers could you post them on this site (or maybe the moderators could start a new section for bait suppliers.

We all know of the tackle shops but the nearest tackle shop I could find supplying lug was even further at 21 miles.

Reason I post this on here is because I go to Norfolk about 3 times a year hence I want to find bait suppliers in Norfolk primarily - Thanks

Phil

slashley
Regular
Regular

Post by slashley »

Hi Phil . This shop does bait. Fresh and frozen as far as I know. Not had it from them for some time but was ok last time I had it. :)

http://www.brightsfishing.com

philg

Post by philg »

Hi Slashley - thanks for your reply - I know of Bright`s in Sheringham - last time I went they only did ragworm and frozen baits - lug, mackerel etc.
The 2 shops I`ve heard of is Hunstanton tackle in Hunstanton, and Brights of Sheringham - I`ve also found 1 bait digger in Holt - Tony on 07879 086931 - needs 24 - 48 hours notice (as most do).
I take it you are from that area - I usually come to Norfolk 2 or 3 times a year (holidays) so look forward to my fishing trips as I normally live in landlocked Nottingham.
Best wishes and tight lines.
Phil

sim66
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sim66 »

there is a tackle shop in cromer i had some fantastic lug from there last time i went. :) :) i'll find out the name.
Theres a bait digger on the coast rd at salthouse too he's got a sign out on the road.

Si

philg

Post by philg »

Hi sim66

Yes thanks for your reply - Do you mean the tackle shop on the corner ?

I tried ringing the one at salthouse (fish and chip shop) but got no reply - I know of that one because of cookie`s crab shop (my favourite restaurant when I`m down there - might be expensive but if you like crustacean`s - can`t beat it - lol)

Best wishes

Phil

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

Re: bait suppliers.

i know theres a sticky on the general forum for tackle shops,which usually provide a selection of fish food.

a sticky for east anglian bait suppliers may not be a bad idea,not sure how it would work as i do have to be careful of the buying/selling/advertising rules etc. i will put it to admin and see how it goes?

all the best

Andy

ps i support the idea

;)

philg

Post by philg »

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply I hope the admin does agree.

Would it be classed as advertising if only a list of names and telephone numbers and locations (e.g. town or village) was given ? - surely this would`nt be advertising as it would be open to all bait suppliers / diggers and a statement could be put on stating that "sea fishing" provides the service as a assistance to our fellow line wetters.
This would mean that we don`t have to go miles to get to a bait supplier that might just be down the road but we don`t know about.

Best wishes

Phil

slashley
Regular
Regular

Post by slashley »

No worries Phil.I thought Brights did fresh lug too but obviously someone needs to perhaps comfirm that. I know that they normally do wraps of lug in the freezer. Maybe fresh/frozen peele,r but again someone may confirm or deny that. Enjoy ya holiday/fishing. :)

gingey

Post by gingey »

hi phil
i Know few places around north norfolk:

hunstanton tackle: http://www.hunstantontackle.co.uk/ good lug phone to ask when in.
kings lynn sas: http://www.sas-tackle.co.uk/ always helpfull.

fakeham have a fishing shop but u have to order lug i think :-/

cley have a house with a big sign outside saying bait. on the coast rd near the end of the village. a tractor parked outfront normaly. 01263740955 ring to check to c if lug r in. not grate quality :-S but good for last minute :) .
salthouse fish and chip shop have a sign for lug and a number but i don't no any more

i heard u have to order a head for lug at brights :-/ .

hope this helps u phil :)
ginge
p.s excuse the bad spelling pls

philg

Post by philg »

Hi Gingey

Thanks for that - the guy at Cley with the tractor outside - I was told had retired and the sign was`nt there when we drove past (at least 3 times), but I`ll check and make sure.

Thanks Phil

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

sticky done :D

all the best

Andy