orford 13th east coast forum report

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

baldness

orford 13th east coast forum report

Post by baldness »

can i firstly thanks all those who turned up for the days fishing.
it was great to meet new members and catch up with old faces.

fished the narrows 0745 til 1530 whilst the company was great the fishing was a bit pants!!

15 people 30 rods and there must have been a dozen or so fish between us all.

the biggest was a pound and a half caught by ross(rosco123)
but i had the most 2 cod ,2 pout ,1 yting and 1 bass!! all under 24cms.
high tide was 10.30 ish and the weed on the flood was awful but seem to got mid ebb.
it seems that the spring run isnt quite hit orford just yet maybe in 2-3 weeks time it may start to produce.
anyway as always great company, lovely chilli rolls from stinky(thanks for ferry ).

i caught my first cod from first cast and yes i did the supersticous neptune payment before hand and it worked again!! it also worked for andy1i.

hope to see you on the next jolly which will be hopton area -wont it simon!!.

cheers come on the ipswich!! ;)

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

nice report baldness shame that the fish weren't there to be had but as you say spring run's not really started yet, having to be honest we may not even get a spring run as we never had much of 1 last year, but here's to hoping

simon

Seasurfer
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Seasurfer »

As someone wise probably said- u can't catch the fish if they're not there! Shame about the fish, but nice to put faces to names at last, and give the cod mecca of East Anglia a go.

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Re: orford 13th east coast forum report

Post by stinky_wiem »

baldness wrote:
hope to see you on the next jolly which will be hopton area -wont it simon!!.

cheers come on the ipswich!! ;)
Glad you liked the chilli roll, thats why my rucksack was so heavy ! (well, along with the bottles of cider and the 2L of coffee !).

I was looking at arranging another outing, but seeing as you're blue and I'm a green follower it's not going to happen ! :P

Farjar

Post by Farjar »

Great to spend the day with some old mates and make some new ones at a wonderful location. Shame about the naff fishing - thought it might just be alright when pulled in a nice 23cm dab first cast; but that was as good as it got. Unfortunately Seasurfer got the bragging rights in our little father/son competition as he ended with a mini whiting, 6 inch bass and a manky looking little dab. (Though I did catch first and biggest!)

Jamie (seasurfer) caught all his on half a black on a 2 hook flapper. I got my Dab on single lug on a two hook flapper 30 yrds out. All caught on bottom hook.

On a negative note I have to say that I thought the state of the beach was disgusting (though slightly better when we left than when we got there). I just cannot believe that so called fishermen can just walk away and leave all their rubbish - chairs, umbrellas, bottles of who knows what, cans, etc, etc, shrewn all over the beach. :-O No wonder there are those that would like to see fishing banned from the place.

Deffo will return; would love to do an all nighter there in the summer.

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

Farjar - The beach was disgusting, most of us saw bags, bottles, tins etc, what was really disappointed was to see bags filled with stones around the shape of beach shelters (approx 8 bags !). Even worse than that was to then find a tent under the stones.
I came back with a cooler bag full of rubbish, pity I didn't take a couple of skips with me !.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

fantastic beano,albeit no fishies,really enjoyed myself (a chance to let me hair down and be a non moderator,and boy did i get some abuse =)) ) my only fish of the day was a tiny whiting ,4 inches at best,that had taken the bait but not hooked,greedy mite couldnt spit it out !! great to meet new faces(farjar,seasurfer) and not so old ones (dicky,col).just waiting for stinky to organise the next one,ooops blue and green etc etc.

well done ross for the only real keeper codling of the day.although i did see the size of the dab farjar got from where i was (half a mile up the beach)

all the best

Andy

ps myself and trickie had the now famous gonk69 sausage banjos

baldness

Post by baldness »

just to say also what farjar said .
the beach was disgusting and those who left it in a horid
condition must be ashamed of themselves.

brolleys and tents buried in the shingle doesnt constitute conservation!!

pull your fingers out or risk losing the right to fish at orford X(

Crack-Off

Post by Crack-Off »

Just wanted to pass on my thanks to baldness for organising a great trip. It was good to meet the forum crew for the first time and to share a few laughs and a bit of friendly banter. Shame about the sport but thats fishing!! looking foward to next time.

Captain_Mainwaring

Post by Captain_Mainwaring »

baldness wrote:just to say also what farjar said .
the beach was disgusting and those who left it in a horid
condition must be ashamed of themselves.

brolleys and tents buried in the shingle doesnt constitute conservation!!

pull your fingers out or risk losing the right to fish at orford X(
Fortunately a group of us spent the weekend cleaning the mess up-not all of it from anglers by the way- from the crouch all the way down to the narrows - it's a regular event organised by a member of this site- you'd all be welcome to join us for the next event to help preserve the Ness.

baldness

Post by baldness »

thanks crackoff, my pleasure.

and captain, i hear what you are saying, but it does help if some fisherman take crap home with them.

i cleared 2 bag fulls in my area.
couldnt get the tent and brolley in my box!!

Farjar

Post by Farjar »

Well done on getting over to help with the clear up C_M and understand that not all the rubbish is fishing related, but around me 90% very definitely was. Squid boxes, lug paper, bags of discarded fishing related stuff and what was clearly the wrappings from packed lunches, plus cans, etc.

I know the issue has been raised again and again on here and other forums and I don't honestly think it's from people who come on here and other sites (shame on you if it is - you know who you are.) From my observation 90% of the problem would be solved in fishermen simply took back what they take - its that really so hard to do?

One thing that would help is a more obvious bin at the Quay, or even some thing at the drop off point on the island - anything to say make it easier for people to dispose of rubbish more responsibly.

I know this is probably off topic for this thread - but it seemed to come out of our previous comments. If one of the mods thinks it needs moving that's fine by me. But what is more important surely is that we stop littering the place!

Rant over! (for now!!)

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

i think the mess at orford it totally relevant to the report of the 13th,as i do believe i heard from one of your guys farjar,that the national trust have been thinking about closing off the island to anglers,because of irresponsible "danglers",yes if bins were provided at the drop off points it may give a visual reminder to those responsible to take their rubbish with them.

i dont understand it myself,my local beaches are spotless in comparison,but the council have installed bins at all the local marks,anyway im veering off subject.

all the best

Andy