Fishing Weybourne beach, Norfolk

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

MadKev
Occasional
Occasional

Fishing Weybourne beach, Norfolk

Post by MadKev »

The mist is thinning, I can almost see clearly ...... nope, crystal ball's buggered. Better ask. Anyone got local knowledge of fishing Weybourne beach, Norfolk? Comp mid-Jan 2007, last did a comp up that way two year ago at Gt Yarmouth, many whiting on rag. Still got summer species down on S. Coast, all that global-weirding stuff. All advice gratefully received: I know there's no secrets, I just gotta think harder, but I'd be grateful.

satan

Post by satan »

firstly make sure they got rid of very large pot hole at side of car park i dropped both back wheels into it (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) take lugworm and squid single hook rigs and watch out for the seals

slashley
Regular
Regular

Post by slashley »

Right of car park under the cliffs is snaggy and everyone I know tends to fish in front of the car park or to the left of it; which I have found to be relatively clear.To the left of the car park is the wreck which tends to be noticeable throughout most of the tide. Even if it is covered you can sometimes see the water swirling slightly. It is a few hundred yards left of car park. Most fish that I have caught here have been between about forty and eighty yards out. January time I have caught dabs, odd flounder and maybe a whiting or two. Guess if ya lucky the cod may have turned up by then as well. Good luck. :)

MadKev
Occasional
Occasional

Post by MadKev »

Thanks for the tips, Satan & Slashley, and sorry to hear about the pothole. Can you cast near to the wreck? Other sources report recent match won with 30+ whiting, may still be there when I arrive. MK

slashley
Regular
Regular

Post by slashley »

Hi MadKev, not heard about all them whiting. I have had a few when just packing up at about 16.00. on my trips but none throughout the day for me. Odd match report that I have seen in local rags lately have included large numbers of dabs anyway. Not sure how far the wreck is out there because I never walk right up to it. At a guess I would say 200 yards from the high tide line but maybe it is 125 and maybe 275. I have always been diagonal from it and never in front. Difficult to judge and I spend more time at other beaches nearby. Car park is ( or was last time I was there ) 60p an hour so remember a load of change. :) Have seen a bloke checking cars on a Sunday in Winter ! Saying that, there is a bit over on the left that is not classed as part of the car park and could be used to park up. Think it might get a bit wet underfoot there at times but perhaps someone can give a bit more info. on that. Tight lines. :)