ORFORD SAT 23RD - RESULTS

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

baldness

ORFORD SAT 23RD - RESULTS

Post by baldness »

CRAP

I HAD A SMALL DAB,POUTING AND A EVEN SMALLER COD ABOUT 5 INCHES

NICE DAY, GREAT COMPANY ,STILL A FEW THERE FISHING THE NIGHT INCLUDING BLANKY!!

westy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by westy »

unlucky mate im planing a trip up there on 1 of these dates 15th-16th-17th feb. they are very good tides all 4mtrs + and midday tides. so hopfuly they been there

baldness

Post by baldness »

WOULDNT BOTHER WESTY.
SPOKE TO A YOCAL FISHERMAN WHO SAID THE SPRATS AND HERRING ARE IN ,AND THE COD ARE SPAWNING OFFSHORE AND WONT BE BACK UNTIL END FEB/BEGINNING MARCH

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

LOL

Yeah, not the best days fishing I've had, 1 codling (it was even smaller than a codling), 1 welk and a 12 legged starfish !.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow :)

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

right now for the night report,and for once lee i shall put pains to the blanky myth =)) =)) ( i ended up with the only keeper of the session :P )more of that later.

about an hour after you guys departed,thejarv regretted staying lol,tricky and his bro were asleep most of the night (putting a bait out at 11pm then it coming good as new at 4am!!) beefy had a couple of whiting about the same size as your codlings lol i had a few more whiting (5 in total) mick,jarv,and the brothers blanked,oh and i had a sizeable dab,11inch, at 6am (as i was starting to pack up).

we all had a cracking time (not as much as you and stinks :)) ) jarv was counting down the hours til boat time (a big thanks jarv for the float suit >:D< ),the lunacy starting to show on beefy at about 1am (red bull and coffee 8-} ).

it was nice not to lose any gear between us all (oops sorry),i got to grips with my new penn rod (lovely rod).

it was all smiles and laughs on the quayside as we went our seperate ways.

im sure everybody else will put their own reports on.

until next time at awfulness

Andy1i (aka blanky)

ps lee,thanks for the loan of your beach buddy,had my tilly burning in there allnight on full power,oh i must mention those blacks you left me WOW!! the best blacks ive seen in a long time pity the fish werent there to try them!!!

mickallton

Post by mickallton »

Just too add my 2p worth long trip down to blank but thats fishing and only one of the reasons i do it. One of the others is to have a crack and that we certainly did great set of lads. And thanks to Andy for organising the day. I WILL BE BACK.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

glad you got home safely mick,great to meet you,if you ever hit our way again let us know fella

all the best

Andy1i

mickallton

Post by mickallton »

Just too add my 2p worth long trip down to blank but thats fishing and only one of the reasons i do it. One of the others is to have a crack and that we certainly did great set of lads. And thanks to Andy for organising the day. I WILL BE BACK.

Beefy1

Post by Beefy1 »

Good report Andy_1i

arrrhh - we got on Pete's boat at Orford Quay and Pete's report's on previous trips were true to form, not good, not too put off, we were all high spirited. There was a slight northerly wind (from behind) when we got to narrows. There was no no weed tangling the lines which was a good thing

fishing was tough, bites few & far between, and the fish were just not there, ideas we rattled around were cod moved off offshore chasing sprat, would still expect smaller fish surely?! but we weren't even getting whiting/pouting, sudden recent cold temp drops (since Nov), no food/calm of the sea - definately need a good stir up /head on wind/waves to churn up food and bring in the fish

Lol, Andy_1i, it was a good laugh, after fishing the day and night and into the early hours, still no bites = AAAARRRHHHHHHHH!!! :-/ After the coffee and redbull I was geared up to see the session thru or could have run around the beach shouting my head off!! lmao :)) :))

Ha ha, just catching a wee whiting brought cheers all round!!

it was good meeting you chaps - looking forward to the next trip to Orford, well, when the cod are back in

cheers Beefy1

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

well done beefy,you forgot to mention my dab and the hot sausage rolls.

oh and dont forget the dab,could have bagged up on cash if we had all put a quid in :D :D :D

Andy1i

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

Spent the last hour trying to find the cable to take the pics off my camera as we need to show off the smaller than hand size codling that still managed to take a whole tiger prawn on a 3/0 hook !

Beefy1

Post by Beefy1 »

Andy_1i, yer after all that, we all were waiting for you at the river side of the narrows for the boat, then you turned up with a keepable dab, caught on your last chuck, welldone

ta for sausage roll heated up on tilley lamp!!

stinky - did you take a pic of my specimen whiting?
baldness - that must have been the smallest cod, u got a pic?

trickyrickie
Occasional
Occasional

Post by trickyrickie »

well it certainly was crap for Orfords expecations but thats fishing i guess.

i used all types of bait to try and lure them in. but to no prevail. so i decided to get my head down and boy did i do that must of had 5 good hours kip so i was all nice and fresh to take Andy home in the morning.

definatley up for another trip end of feb begining of march time .

rickie

baldness

Post by baldness »

beefy,

simon should do pic soon,lee

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

Guys, I'm still trying to find the camera cable, not long now I hope !