aldeburgh -lets get together report pt1

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

baldness

aldeburgh -lets get together report pt1

Post by baldness »

lee, will, thejarv,ian and matt at aldeburgh

after a bloody long walk we set up roughly 9 ish

very quiet with mat scoring first followed by will, both small yting and bass.
i then followed with a large yting.
colin scored with a nice dab nothing yet from the jarv.
all quiet until, 2 ish them will and mat again , mat small coddy wil small yting. nothing from jarv!

i then hit 2 more decent yting colin a dab again. nothing from jarv.

as the tide hit the top ish roughly 4 i ended up with 7 yting 4 keeps and a tiny pout.
matt small bass and y ting
will 2 small yting and poor old jarv -blank.
this is where i departed and left colin,mat and jarv to fish the night.
will left 4.30 ish (as he said)

gerat bunch of lads ,good food from mat hope to do agin soon .signing off with aldeburgh report part 1

brockie172
Occasional
Occasional

Post by brockie172 »

glad you enjoyed yourself shame no cod i did pm and tell you about my absence try and make the norfolk/next one though

storm1fishing
Occasional
Occasional

Post by storm1fishing »

Things picked up after you left Lee , they came on the bite after dark.
My final tally , when I left at about 12ish was , yting 17 keepers , 4 dabs and a nice cod , Matt recons around 5lb ish. I lost count of all the yting I threw back and dont forget my small bass earlier in the day :D .
It was great meeting all you guys and i'll defo be coming down that way more often.
:D :D :D

colin

osean
Occasional
Occasional

Post by osean »

Echo what baldness said, I had a good day with good company I ended up with 6 pin whiting to throw back not as good as 6 to take home. I guessed that the fish would show a bit more at dusk.
What makes a day like Sunday is the people one is with, the sharing, the banter, thank you all.
The Norfolk meet hopefully will be mean a few more of us can make the day & I for one am looking forward to it.

Will

baldness

Post by baldness »

yep, the company was great,
no big heads with ive had this ive had that syndrome.

glad things picked up after dark sounds like a nice cod col.

a night session is in order next me thinks ,
dont mind same place as long as someone carries my gear !!

but i thing we should head this way next ie gorleston,hopton lowestoft

say sat 31st ??? cant do 7th nov

thejarv
Occasional
Occasional

Post by thejarv »

Hahahaha! Lee, you a funny guy! :D :D :D

Funnily enough, the action only started for me after you left but i dont believe in coincidences! :D :D :D

Well, all i can say is what a good day, really enjoyed it. Lost the will to live during the day when the sea resembled a pond. After dusk things picked up, I struck into eight whiting, the biggest similar in size to a gudgeon. :D

Seriously though, enjoyed the whole day in the company of four great guys. Shame the shout of 'Cod on!' only went up the once, although Matt did pull out a nice bass. Would definitely go again if a day/ night meet can be arranged.

By the way, if anybody Fishes Aldeburgh and you see a bloke who looks like he lives on the beach, worry not, its Matt (Gonk) doing a day/ night/ day session, like a proper man!

baldness

Post by baldness »

mad mat of aldeburgh town-could make a move !!

it could be in the next doomsday book or folklaw.

like it ....lol

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

brilliant,glad you all had a good day,and a damned good laugh,shame about the numbers (people) but then again it would end up like a chimps tea party lol. i look forwrd to being able to come and play at the next meet. hey any pics taken,that would be a nice bonus

top show fellas

Andy1i x

gonk69
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gonk69 »

hi guys IM HOME ,right colin and jarv left about 11 i think, so knowing the next tide would be roughly around 5.30 ish, i dived in to me tuck box for a quick tummy fill (if anyone noticed i have a sizeble stomach which takes some filling i tell you, ) anyway baited up with me best blacks tipped with wrapped round squid elasticated on to a 3 foot eight inch pulley pennel on a size 2 o , and waited started to hit a slightly better stamp of whiting then me rod pulled round like caught by passing weed , but no a 3lb der SWEET few more whting followed then i had a monster bite which proved to be a just over 5lb cod greaaaaat, anywat total for the night was, bass 2 and half, four coddling to 5 and a bit,,, (dont forget the bit), and 9 keeper yting oh not forgetting a very pretty spotty,well chaps was a pleasure meeting you all, great bunch of guys and a smashing day night and day out, hardcore thats me, will definately come to these meets again,your all stars. BLOODY BRILLIANT,off to bed soon, cheers matt

thejarv
Occasional
Occasional

Post by thejarv »

Matt, take my hat off to you sir, you did say you were sticking around until you had a cod. Top man!

BRILLIANT DAY! Lets do it again soon :D

trickyrickie
Occasional
Occasional

Post by trickyrickie »

well done Matt...sounds like you did all right mate

count me in on the next one,,,hopefully i will be a saturday night

gonk69
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gonk69 »

well guys im toying with the idea of sorting a xmas meet to fish orfordness, will get a look at tides for the early part of december then will stick a post up and see what feed back i get. just had home made beer battered cod and chips not only caught but also made with my own fair hands,suuuuuuperb. got im tired, need me pit, matt

storm1fishing
Occasional
Occasional

Post by storm1fishing »

Nice one Matt , glad to read you made it through the night. I eventually got home at about 3.30 , boy was I knackered. It was quite a walk back to the cars and the poor jarv with that trolly #:-S #:-S ,I dont think he'll be bringing that next time :D :D . I was thinking that maybe a flat sled would pull quite easily over those pebbles , maybe next time.
Next on my list is a beach shelter.
Again , it was great meeting you guy's and thanks for everything Matt.

colin

gonk69
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gonk69 »

no problem at all colin, just remembered i met the warden (blueboar) on my way to the gate, said i thought id saw a dolphin but he put me right and said it was most probably a popoise as the do frequent the area. also had a chat about the possibility there might be a big cat on the island, maybe a lynx, there are also deer present ,chinese water deer and muntjac, i always take me binoculars with me as ive seen plenty of seals, will keep me beady eyes peeled now for that big pussy, NO NOT YOU JARV the lynx i mean, cheers matt
im only joking jarv, top fella

thejarv
Occasional
Occasional

Post by thejarv »

AAH! Looks like I went fishing with a bunch of comedians! :D :D :D

I'm shocked that it took two days for the trolley to get a mention, I sensed serious envy all round on the first four hundred yards of that walk. :D :D :D . Not to mention the fact that i needed the Air Ambulance after the next four hundred. :D :D
I can laugh now but i thought i was having a heart attack before I'd even got my rods out! :D :D :D

Memorable, chaps, Memorable!! :D