LOWESTOFT nth beach 31/08/09

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

LOWESTOFT nth beach 31/08/09

Post by andy1_i »

sorry guys for delay in my report,missus has hogged the pc lol.

you know when you get that gut feeling that you are almost certain to know where the fish are going to be? well that happened to me on the 31st,i cancelled all other plans,much to the other halfs annoyance.

so i set out to the north beach here in lowestoft,high tide was at 20:30 and i was set up and one rod in the drink at about 19:00,not far out 40-50yrds with 3 hook flapper sz 1/0s loaded with squid tipped rag,20mins later i get a phone call from my beloved to see how things are going,had to hang up half way to reel in my first fish of the night a 12in spotty dog.
right i thinks to myself get rod no.2 out,setup was single clipped down with sz1/0 rag n squid at about the same range,pretty uneventful until the ebb tide sets in,then chaos ensued,a decent spottydog under 2lb,a cute little rockling,a dead hooked whiting :( ,then i was well rewarded with a knock on the rod it felt like a spotty by the wriggling,and big,so i play it easy to land what i would say is my best fish this year,a 4lb bass!!!

Image i had to phone the missus as i was so chuffed,and she couldnt wait to see if it beat hers from last year,suffice to say it did by a pound and a half.top session,and reeled in a set of lost gear to boot.Image

Andy1i

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Hi Andy,
I also get that gut feeling that i know where the fish are going to be..............................trouble is it's normally last nights Curry/Guinness coming back!!!!!!!!!!, but seriously well done on the Bass, it looks like it payed off for you....................did you use any of the Glow stik rigs ????that we were talking about.

Best Regards JOLI

baldness

Post by baldness »

>:D< >:D<
WELL DONE MATEY GREAT FISH!

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

thanks guys,joli no i didnt use the glowrigs.

oh and i must add that all other fish were safely returned apart from a small whiting (deadhooked)

sim66
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sim66 »

Puka fish beats my PB well done :D :D :D

Sim66

brockie172
Occasional
Occasional

Post by brockie172 »

thoroghly deserved mate ps did you get my pm

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

yeah PMs did come through,i am so lazy though i dont always reply,or i forget.so please dont take offence,that goes to everybody out there lol SORRY

Andy1i

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

very nice bass andy.....good report and pics

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

Can't believe it took you so long to post this !, glad to see that you've put the blanking behind you. :D

See you nice and early Monday !

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

yeah i was in shock for a couple of days lol.

yawn looking forward to it. Andy1i

netman
Occasional
Occasional

Post by netman »

spot on all best