Lowestoft Report - 31/8/09

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Hebby09

Lowestoft Report - 31/8/09

Post by Hebby09 »

fished links road yesterday, i normally keep to the 1st bay but when i got down there some other people where in there so i took a gamble and went into the 2nd bay which i did not know if it had any snags in :-/ Got set up and 1st cast got into a decent sized whiting and after i put that whiting back my other rod had a whiting. (nice to see them coming back :D ) Then it all went quite for a while and then a very vicious bite resulted into a slack liner, picked it up and i instantly thought bass. I got it in and it was just sizable, so perfect in a match but i let it go to fight another day. Then another wait for a bite and a sudden pull just came on the right hand rod, let it go for a bit then it came back, thinking that it was going to be a sole or a nice whiting, i then started to reel in and felt a bit of weight there already, brought it in and it was a nice sole around the 1lb mark. and straight after that a similar sort of bite resulted in another of them lovely sole, a bit bigger than the 1st one. then last cast i got another sole which was just undersize. Best session for me this season so far and hopefully it wont be long untill the codling and whiting are around
Cheers, Hebby09 :D

baldness

Post by baldness »

hi mate,
day or night??
what stage of the tide and what rigs, baldy

Hebby09

Post by Hebby09 »

Hi mate, i got there at about 6ish so i had 2 hours of the high tide left then fished 1 hour going down, i used 3 hook flappers on both rods with the bottom 2 hooks baited with just rag and the top with fresh herring which i caught one of the sole and the bass on.
Cheers, Hebby09 :D :D

baldness

Post by baldness »

LOOKING GOOD ALREADY SO EARLY ON.
I FISHED THE WRECK AT GORLESTON and had a small smoothhound and a huge dab, 1 el and a whiting during the day !!
still thing too hot at the mo for any decent fish to feed but i thing a couple of weeks at night on big tides we all should bag up !!

sim66
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sim66 »

Well done on your day Hebby09, is links rd easy to find working in beccles end next week. could be worth a diversion on the way home, were you fishing at range, long cast or short???

Sim66

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

Nice write up, may have to take a trip out Monday / Tuesday next week.

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

good report......thanks