LT sth pier 18-19/07/09

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

LT sth pier 18-19/07/09

Post by andy1_i »

just had my bi-annual allnighter with my old mate,got to lowestoft pier about 6pm high water was at 6:50pm,setup and got the bbq out,along with a case of beer.
five rod between us,fishing the harbour side,as that where the action is lol.put out three wire boom rigs each one was wishboned with small sz 4 aberdeens on 6" snoods,at very close range10-20yrds,our bait wasnt in tip top condition,some old smelly lug that had just turned to that slimey stinky stage,but hey we're after soles,weather was quite mild,wsw wind 12kph easing off.
all night not a bite apart from a little nibble at 2:30am,so im thinking what a waste of time,but no,blanking is part of the game.
finally my mate gets a bite at 7am,but hes asleep in the van so i deal with it,atlast what we have been waiting for a decent solejust over mls,now as ive been up all night baiting up and casting as matey is asleep i still give it to him as it was his rod that hooked the sole,my mate wakes up as i shout "fish on" to him,hes well chuffed.cant wait till november when we hook up for our winter cod bash,to almost blank again.Andy1i

c

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

At least you caught something !.

I fished the pier last week (wednesday), also had to fish the harbour side as there were 6ft waves coming over the sea side.
Managed to fish for around 5 hrs and only caught 2 small eels !.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i »

hi stinky worm,we have met b4,the one eyed one,fancy tramps on tuesday? meet at the bottom of the ramp? 7pm ish.Andy1i

stinky_wiem
Regular
Regular

Post by stinky_wiem »

Hi Andy, sorry I've got stuff planned for tomorrow night.

More than happy to meet up with you for a session though, let me know when you're next planning to go and I'll make sure I'm around.