Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

fishing marks

Post by mac47 »

Hi,
My first time posting on this forum though I do post fairly regularly on the Scottish forum.
The better half and myself are going down to visit her parents next month and would appreciate any info on marks in the Linc's area. In previous visits we have fished Chapel point with some success but would like to try some other marks. Had a look at Sutton Port the last time we were down and the mouth of the estuary looks as though it would fish for flatties etc but not really sure as we don't have that type of coastline up here. If anyone can recommend this or other marks it will be appreciated. We will be based in Gedney Dyke and are willing to travel a reasonable distance to fish. Feel free to pm me if you prefer and if anyone needs info on Scottish marks the compliment will be returned.
Mac.

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

Hello Mac, the sand dredgers are still pumping sand back on the beaches around chapel point. Huttoft and Moggs eye should produce bass if theres a bit of surf. If its calm a few flounders can be caught on worm baits.
Dawn and dusk will be better for bass, although they do show during daylight as well.
Good luck.

boansy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by boansy »

Hi Mac,

Fellow Scot,

When you comeing down ?

boansy :D

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mac47 »

Hi Bucko,
Thx for the info I've heard of Moggs Eye but I don't now where Huttoft is. Its a bit of an adventure for us fishing the linc's coast as there does seem to be a better variety of summer species and more of them than there is on our coastline. I get a bit bored of guessing if the bite is a cod or a wrasse or wrasse or maybe even a wrasse.
The last couple of years we have been down we have caught a few bass of the beaches, nothing very big and they were all returned. The chance to get some different species of flatty sounds good and it might give me chance to catch up with the mrs who is winning on species (and heaviest fish) so far this year :( . Not that I really mind as she also is happy to browse around tackle shops too :) . We intend to go down in the first week of August with loads of rag, lug etc and will post how we get on.
Cheers,
mac.

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mac47 »

boansy wrote:Hi Mac,

Fellow Scot,

When you comeing down ?

Hi Boansy,
the plan is for the first week in August but don't have definite dates yet but plan to fish at least a couple of days at different venues.

Mac.

bucko
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bucko »

Hello Mac, if you take the coast road from chapel point towards Mablethorpe it will take you past six marshes, Anderby, Moggs eye and Huttoft before you come to Sandilands.
If you do manage to meet up with Boansy he will help you out.
Nice bloke too. :D

boansy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by boansy »

Hi Mac,

There are still smoothhounds running from all marks on the lincs coast and you should still be in with a good chance of a hook up but you need pretty settled weather, flat calm is best after light westarlys/ sou westerlys and you will need a fair chuck ( 100 yards plus ) usually, so get your 6500s running fast and use short clipped up or pully pennal rigs with peeler for the hounds and worm or eel from low tide to 3/4 up for the Bass.

Easterlys kill our beaches unless its nice and rough, then we get some bigger bass showing.

There are a few turbot and usually plenty of flounder......the odd doggy and if your lucky a ray at night.

I may well be out on the lincs beaches when your down so PM me and I will give you my number and help you out all I can with Bait supplies methods ect.

Im off out this wk end so hope to have a report posted by monday afternoon.......weather looks good but its such a big tide I have no Idea how its gona fish :-/

Keep your eys open on the links marks though and you will gat a fair idea of how its fishing

Thanks for the comment Carl.....just PMed you mate