wobblywick

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

osean
Occasional
Occasional

wobblywick

Post by osean »

After a few poor trips I deciced to venture to areas not usually fished for a change. I travelled tp Walberswick yesterday [Wednesday] with some very fresh lug, sand eels, shrinps, 4 peelers & some stinky frozen lug.
The day was warm with bright sunshine, with shallow water & bright conditions I was not expecting much anyway. My set up was 2 rods one for long range & the other for short, on one there was a 1 up 1 down, the other was a flowing pennel rig. The pennell was baited with sand eel & lobbed as far as I could get it appx 80 yds, the other was baited with lug to start with alternating various baits as time went on, I persevered with the sand eel for quite a while but no bites were had for at least 2 hours.
Halfway up the tide I had a cracking bite on the short cast baited with worm & crab legs but did not connect, nothing again for at least another hour. I fluffed a cast & it landed short 30 yds, I decided to leave it out there, loe & behold a bite, a fish, a little bass, I am not going to blank. The short casting produce in the end 2 small bass, 1 leaf sized dab & a 6" whiting.
As the tide was coming to its height I stated to used the crab, I had 1 bite on it that did not catch & 1 fish that was a supprise for the bright conditions, this turned out to be a 3lb dogfish, made my day & tea.
Just to note that there was this guy swimming next to me, just him his dog sat & watched, courageous or nuts?
Will

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

sounds like your day could have been worst....don't know if i'd be swimming in march...bloody daft if you ask me!

Kippershed

Post by Kippershed »

Good report m8, and nice to see a few fish coming out. I usually fish further round the bay at dunwich but have meaning to give wobblywick a go---Ive heard it can be quite good for bass in the summer.
As for the swimmer in March, nuts for me..lol...
Cheers andy