brighton road 7/ jan

Anything East Coast Sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

brighton road 7/ jan

Post by edwards73 »

well another nights fishing over and done with and in the end it worked out to be a very good night got there at 6 with a high tide of 10:20.
started fishing with just the 1 rod to start with as weren't much water about. was using a pully rig with 2/0 pennel hooks trace about 4' 1/2 long with my first cast as ya know we dont expect much so ya tinker around sorting out other stuff and after about 15mins thought id better watch the rod just incase the biggy had arrived early for me in which case i noticed i had a slack line so reeled it in and there lay a 1lb 1/2 fish and as ya do ya get all excited about the night ahead well beleive me the next 2 hrs were boring with only the worms learning to swim and not even a bite so that early sign was just a ploy to keep me there lol.
there was a fair few anglers about as it being a weekend and also the was maldon fishing club having a little club comp.
any way come 10 nearing high water yet still no sign of the monster or even a baby to keep the hopes up so thought that the fish in the bag was going to have a lonely time in the freezer.
but then at about 10:50 it was then i started to get some bites and at about 11ish came the second fish weighing 3lb 7oz so it was all go from there with a bite every cast and as ya know by this time both rods were getting the salt water treatment.
on ending the night at about 1/2 12ish i eneded up with 8codling and 5 keepers which i did take pics but need to suss out how to get it on me comp from me phone to then get them on here for ya all.
also i didnt find out the result of the match but did notice they were catching a few but to end the story on a funny note i was there with my brother in law and he had nothing all night but dont tell him i told you ;) will be going again when the tides are yet aging right for me so untill then tight lines. :D

westy
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by westy »

well mate with the fish. its been the same on walton pier its all been on the ebb. im of fishing tuesday with one of the thames forum boy on walton pier. weather 4cast is looking good with high winds and sleet and a big tide, hoply the fish will be there. wat bait was you useing mate

Hebby09

Post by Hebby09 »

Great report and well done on the fish =D>

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

was using plain lug and my brother in law used lug/squid so ya can tell whos worked lol

Seasurfer
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Seasurfer »

Sounds like you had a good days fishing. Well done and good report! =D>

spally

Post by spally »

well done couple of decent fish over the last few trips,fished last night 9-1.45 had 4 fishat cliff rd (too busy at the chase).took couple fish home 2lb+. out of interest how far were you casting? was your mate at same distance?

just a thought to everyone.. may be it would be interesting if additional info such as distance of cast or length of hook lengths were added to posts as edwards73 has done earlier, someone may gain some info(such as someone totally new to fishing) who knows we may see a pattern which may help us all (no porkies ie "had some good fish at range 565yrds +) :D :D :D :D i wish!

edwards73
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by edwards73 »

i was fishing at about 150/160 using a fishing pendelum and in law was about 100 or so but even the people in the comp that was down there at there time weren't at distance but were still picking the odd fish up on the ebb also used fresh lug and my little trick is that once iv dug my lug i only wash hands in clean water lol used the same boxers for yrs but that wore off so tryin this 1 :D also noticed on most accations that the fish were takin the top hook of the pennel and as like where there hungry they would swallow it (like a good women) the other day they were just lip hooking