ray fishing reports wanted

anything West Coast sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

shoreman

ray fishing reports wanted

Post by shoreman »

Planning a trip in a weeks time,hopeing to find some ray action on the cornish coast,any news on where's fishing best much appreciated

paastyman

Post by paastyman »

hi just come back from watergate bay i had a nice 5lb ray and a small bass

shoreman

Post by shoreman »

Hi paastyman thanks for the reply,i was starting to think nobody fished for rays,congrats on the catch i've never caught a ray before in 30 years of fishing so i thought it about time i targeted them,could you tell me what bait you used ,what sort of rig i should use was it a night tide and where about in watergate bay were you fishing.Sorry about all the questions but just thinking of catching a ray makes me feel like a kid again when i caught my first fish.
many thanks shoreman

paastyman

Post by paastyman »

hi caught a small eye ray 1 hr before low water at 22.45pm bait was mackerel, hook size 2 watergate bay produces lotsof rays and other fish i have photo as well i used a 1 hook clip down if your down this way e mail me and we catch rays many thans mark

shoreman

Post by shoreman »

Hi paastyman thanks for the info,i live local (up in the clays)im not going to be able to make it out for a trip for a couple of weeks but if it's ok with you i will pm you when i'm free, id love to pick your brains on ray fishing and if its ok with you would you mind if my usual fishing bud taged along as well. thanks again shoreman (martin)