Kewstoke beach

anything West Coast sea angling related here

Moderator: Admin

bossman

Kewstoke beach

Post by bossman »

Hi - has anyone fished the beach at Kewstoke? If so is it best high or lower water? Any advise on best baits would be appreciated. Thinking of giving it a go tomorrow - monday.
Cheers - Tight lines
Geoff

east27
Occasional
Occasional

kewstoke

Post by east27 »

hi there,when you say kewstoke do you mean sandbay ? if so i would not bother as the water is gone very quick even on a high tide, you would be wasting your money on bait,you would be better off on the ladder on the toll road,you can fish it 3hours up and back down again,and then go over to sandpoint which is a low water mark.
hope this has helped you tightlines.

east 27

bossman

Post by bossman »

Hi East 27 .....yes I guess that's right, not too familiar with area. Can you give direction to 'the ladder' and I'll give that a go hopefully soon if weather doesn't 'blow up' again.
Thanks in advance.

east27
Occasional
Occasional

ladder

Post by east27 »

hi bossman,hope iam not to late,if you drive out of w s m past the old pier you will come onto the kewstoke rd which is the toll rd, drive along and on your left handside will be a small cafe , drive on by but dont go to fast as you go along on your left you will see a space big enough for 2 cars park here then walk down the track and you are on the cliff top this is the ladder, fish off the top here,there are some small rocks below but once you cast over 30yrds you are onto sand, cast straight out in front,should you snag when the tide drops you can walk down the metal steps on your left and get your rigs back >:D< . bait hole squid for thornbacks mackie & sanndeels for conger and worm for whatever else might be about.

tightlines east 27

bossman

Post by bossman »

Hi East27, Thanks for info - will give it try later this week now as work has got in the way :((
Would it safe to fish at night there??

fozz

Post by fozz »

Hello Bossman,
I think it would be better to fish it during the day first to see what it is like 'cos it is quite high there and no barriers,there are lots of little trip-ups(you will see what I mean when you get there) also the tides are a bit low for there at the moment (best on spring tides) but still fish-able.I have not seen or heard much come from there lately, pin yting 'tis all,but good luck if you go there might see you on there.
tight lines Fozz :D

east27
Occasional
Occasional

ladder

Post by east27 »

foz, sounds like your trying to put bossman off, would that be because you dont want anyone else fishing the spot you love so much :D we know how upset you get when you cant get on there :(( but there will be plenty of other times,its not like you live a million miles away is it ;) ive fished it on a 9m tide before no probs,and there is a report of a codling of 5lb being caught on there by east 26 foz,i cant belive you did'nt see it :-O .

and before i get my wrists slapped again by the moderater,i do know foz from work, like i said nothing wrong with a bit of banter :D it makes the site a bit more fun, and i have already pm bossman to give him the low down. :P

tightlines

fozz

Post by fozz »

nope,
not at all,now we have to work six days on we wont get half the chance to fish anywhere :(( ,and the tide is a bit low 8.5 yesterday 8.7 today,and you know its a bit slippery on the rounded rocks on the front,and to me if you've never been there, at night it could be a bit risky, one little trip and your over :-O ,i'd rather be slightly over cautious than under to people who have never been there:D( Even i'm not fishing it this week ) :D
Tight lines
Foz

east27
Occasional
Occasional

ladder

Post by east27 »

got ya hook line and sinker foz :D , i dont know why you say you wont be able to fish so much, because for me it enables me to fish more, :) our shifts workout you get 4 days and a bit off :D so the 6 on works out better for us, happy days :D