Don't tie a knot like this!!!

Please post all your Tips and tricks here.
manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

OOOH! nasty, but you can always do what i do, im a smoker and roll my own, so i put one of the filter tips over the hook so if i slip its not a disaster. Filter tips are light, small easy to take off again, and you can carry over a hundred in a very small carton. Mick

sheep
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sheep »

nice catch caught my mates testicles before with a rapala we were wearing shorts and it wasnt a pretty sight

jimjam
Regular
Regular

Post by jimjam »

bet that woke him up :D

sp3ctrum
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sp3ctrum »

dont do what i did i was at whitehaven fishing one night my dad went for a pee so he told me to cast his surfcaster out and the weight came off the rig and a trawler was going passed the pier when i heard someone shout watch were your casting i hit the trawler on the deck it was only a six ounce weight so the chaps was lucky i think

browner

Post by browner »

manic_muppet wrote:OOOH! nasty, but you can always do what i do, im a smoker and roll my own, so i put one of the filter tips over the hook so if i slip its not a disaster. Filter tips are light, small easy to take off again, and you can carry over a hundred in a very small carton. Mick
That's a bloody good idea. I hear that using menthol filters tends to catch more fish.

cellone

Post by cellone »

Jaymzd, I have had to do the same with a fly. Took nearly an hour to strip, snip it and push it through one handed. I sympathise with any one who has gone past the barb. I now crush the barbs on flies.

thebiga

Post by thebiga »

that hurts i know i have done i quite a lot over the years if the hook is a fresh sharp one no probs just flip it back through the skin and snip the eye
for or the point then you can extract it or if not sure go to the nearest
A and E i have had to do running repairs in the past once hooked my self in
the ear with a fly and a mate of mine in the back of the head with a pike plug oh and almost forgot this one smacked myself in the face with a 6oz
watch wait on a handline

good luck the big a

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Filter TIps!!! Filter tips!!!, you'll be using a ciggerette holder next, Put good honest BACCY in your roll ups and cough like the rest of us. lol >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

nw
Occasional
Occasional

Post by nw »

on the subject of smoking i put my roll up down on the sea wall while baiting up picked up and went in my mouth the wrong way round not nice having burnt lips and tounge lol wont be doing that again in a hurry

bailiff

Post by bailiff »

Just cut finger above first knuckle-------you then have good baited hook that the crabs won't take !!!

wyldkat81

Post by wyldkat81 »

I remember going years ago with my dad and my granddad. My dad was trying to show my gamps how to cast etc and my gramps being a stubborn ol' git decided he knew best so we all took ten steps away from him as he decided that an overhead cast would be ideal.
He swung the rod over his head like an axe and let out a yelp and a look of confusion when he hooked his trousers just below the belt at the back....he let my dad teach him after that!!

Anyone drink wine?? keep the cork from the bottle and cut into 1cm bits - lightweight and perfect for keeping hooks out of fingers,mouths etc. Stays on the hook as well so wont slip off at the wrong moment.

Or try using a simple rubber (eraser) from the stationers.

Stay safe - tight lines

essexkenny
Regular
Regular

Post by essexkenny »

thing is though, is a filter tip you can pull apart with your fingers, so its not going to stop a needle sharp hook is it?? :-/

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

As my mate Churchill would say, Oh Yeeees, it works just pop one over the hook pull it off when your ready to use it. :D

merv

Post by merv »

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

sacha wrote:ye came in at 8 stones and 2 lbs .. lol :D
Lmao!!

Seriously though that looks painfull, lesson learnt use pliers!!!

Craig