upping my catch sucsess

Please post all your Tips and tricks here.
brynla

upping my catch sucsess

Post by brynla » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm

hi guys i fish quite a bit and i am not catching as much as i would like to be i dont know where i am going wrong i am fishing good marks and i might be lucky some times but only catch a fish or two how can i catch more fish more regularly.
i am thinking of joining a fishing club and dont want to look like a muppet lol so plz help :D :D cheers

ryan

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Ryan most of us dont catch what we would like :D :D but your looking in the right direction mate , join a club look at what there doing rigs and bait wise , never be afraid to ask questions , im sure most club members will be willing to help you and not ridicule you ;)

brynla

Post by brynla » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:46 pm

cheers cuckoo

folky
Occasional
Occasional

Post by folky » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 am

I been fishing now for around 27 years and im still learning new things every year, there isw always some new piece of kit or some new way to catch fish that pops up, thats worth having ago.

andy1_i
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andy1_i » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:58 pm

brynla,firstly where are you fishing,i take its around the the plymouth area.i dont know much about the fishing around there,what rigs are you using? bait? casting range? state of tides etc.a good angling club should take you under their wing and not ridicule you,infact pass on the collective wealth of knowledge.also you can try asking on the south west forum,which should cover your area and maybe meet up with somebody with abit more experience of the area with regards to tactics,but bear in mind sometimes we all have poor sessions/seasons,and it always seems like the person next to you is pulling in everyfish in the northern hemisphere!!!

best of luck

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 am

Believe it or not some guys like myself have been fishing for 50yrs plus and most of them will tell you that sea fishing is 10% know how and 90% pure luck. You can have the best setup in the world and still not catch whilst a youngster can pull in the best fish on the day on a crappy setup.

Stick to what you normally use but have a look what others are using and copy their rigs, the big uns will show now and again, patience is the name of the game.
Cheers
Keith :D :D