Just Started

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
brio

Just Started

Post by brio » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Hello, just joined, been fishing for years off and on, but getting to a point where I am happy to go and fish just for the plesure, even if I dont get a bite.
I have fished rivers, ponds, peirs, lakes etc, never done a lot of sea fishing, but about to strat to do so.
Will be fishing the N/E coast around Portlethen and proably spots south of there.
Moestly want to do spining and float fishing.

Ilurvmatthayes
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ilurvmatthayes » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Too far north and far too cold for me mate but welcome and good luck with sea fishing- stick with it- it's a source!

brio

Post by brio » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 am

I used to live in Texas, so hot and so hard to stay out in the heat, but the fishing in the winter months was great, catfish spawing in march and large mouth bass all year round.
So yes it is cold here, but at least I can get behind rocks and such to get a bit of shelter from the cold winds.
Its so hard to cool down in a hot climate, getting warm is not too bad really. I prefer cool climates.
We do get some very nice days here, even in the later months, just a bit hard to get a day like that on a day that I dont have to go to work.
But I am going tomorrow to fish with my step son, hopefully we will catch our tea.

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Thats what it's all about brio too many fairweather fishermen about lol.Enjoy firstly and then I hope you have some great grub on the table,looking forward to your future reports.

CHEERS DAZ :D :D ;)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:35 am

I thought that fishing was suposed to be enjoyable, relaxing and theraputic.

Fishing in the wind, rain, snow and cold at my time of life is not one of these.

Catching a cold or flu or just generably feeling miserable when cold or wet is not my idea of fun. So I have to admit to being a Fair Weather Fisherman.

Perhaps when you old ang grey and full of aches and pains you will see the wisdom of fishing in comfort, till then more power to your elbow and tight lines.
Cheers
keith :D :D

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:51 am

Hi rabbi2 to be honest I feel old and full of aches and pains after a night sleeping in a tent on cold shingle.

DAZ

brio

Post by brio » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Nice enough day today, sun was out with light winds, we went to the ships stern, tried spinners and some sand eel bait, no luck with that.
There were a few people there, so it was a bit crowded, but after no fish being caught they left and we had the place for just my self and step son.
Soon an older man arrived and started fishing with feathers, shortly after he started he was pulling out macks 3 and 4 at a time.
Well monkey see monkey do, I had no feathers but had a rig with immitation shrimp.
I caught 6 and the lad caught 7. the stranger caucht 40 and was still going strong when we left to go home.
So only my second trip shore/rock fishing and I am catching.
What struck me as odd was the stranger was keeping all the fish, must have been 50Lbs at least, he said he had a neighbur that loved macks. I had no clue how this older man was going to carry all these fish over the rocks and up the road to his car!!!!!!

I am old amd grey, but had a good time today, kept warm and kept my hat on my head, feel tired tonight, but happy.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:31 am

Well done on the catch to both you and the lad. The tiredness you experienced was a kind of satisfiing kind of tiredness I bet,
Thanks for the report, look forward to many more.
Cheers
keith :D :D