elie

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
todge

elie

Post by todge » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 pm

never got to kingsbarns went to elie to today got one mackie when i gave up on the bait rigs and started spinning.where have they all gone or is elie a bad place . catched some very red burnt arms... haha. any one have any good places to go east or west coasts, dont mind the drive if it is worth it. thanks.

Invermarnoch

Post by Invermarnoch » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:31 am

I went down to fish at Cockenzie power station recently. There was nothing in the way of bass reported and it was thought that the temporary closure of the power station while it undergoes conversion from coal to gas power was to blame, as, naturally, there was no hot water outflow. I have no knowledge as to when this will be restored, but I was talking to one of the local anglers who said that bass were still being caught at Torness. You might want to try there. Tight lines!

todge

Post by todge » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:08 pm

thanks,will try there once this weather moves off again. :)

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:31 pm

I have fished Loch LOng up near Arrochar some time ago with spectacular results. Every day we were fishing for a fortnight and no once did we blank. Some big rag is there for the picking at low water and the local pub is close at hand.
Cheers
keith :D :D

todge

Torness power station

Post by todge » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:40 pm

looking at google map can you park at the car park there next to the out let pipes, any one know. or where do you park?