Rumness - Approx 1km North East of Auchmithie

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
vorenus

Rumness - Approx 1km North East of Auchmithie

Post by vorenus » Sun May 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Rumness is located approximately 1km North East of Authmithie Harbour. It can be found on Google maps at 56.597513, -2.508998

To access this stretch of rocks/coast drive to the end of the road and park up at Google Maps location 56.598883,-2.512777. Walk down the side of the field which takes you to the start of a grass path that leads down to this mark. It is very steep and caution should be taken, especially when wet. Saddly I would say this is not accessible for those with mobility issues - if my ankle continues to get worse then I will be counting myself amongst these numbers.

Best option is to fish over low during summer but be warned, loads of kelp around. Spinning and float fishing ideal this time of the year. Great mark for winter fishing. Parts of it is a tackle graveyard but this comes with the territory and no surprise.

Below are some recent pictures of this area.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:01 am

Well done on the pics, it looks wils and rugged. Doubt if I could manage that terrain though. Its great to see pics of various locations thanks for taking time out to post them.
Cheers
keith :D :D