First trip this year.

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
freetime

First trip this year.

Post by freetime » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:24 am

Was such a nice day on sunday I thought i would take my son for a setion at Arbroath harbour. Tide was well out when we got there but after a bite to eat we gave it a go. One small codling and a crab. For a couple of hours at least it wasn't a blank as its my 8 year olds second time out with me and i don't want to put him off with a blank quite yet. Bait was frozen squid mackeral and lug . Was only when we got home I found out there was a shore comp at Lunan, so that would explain the lack of other anglers. At least it gave son plenty of room to practice without crossing lines with others.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:45 am

hi freetime
it,s nice to get out there with the youngsters and like you say good not to blank for them
.well done
steve

freetime

not easy

Post by freetime » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Its not easy to get youngsters a catch every time more so for me as mobility problems limit the places i can get him to. Never mind soon have our boat in the water so will have the fishfinder to help us and access to more spots.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 pm

i kmow what you mean re moibility problems hence why i got the disabled forum going .might help out at sometime
cheers steve