returning to shore fishing

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
johnwh

returning to shore fishing

Post by johnwh »

Hello,
I am returning to shore fishing after 20 years, have a couple of rods and will stick with fixed spools the now as I dont have the confidence to use multipliers just yet. I am hoping to go to a beach on friday, I have some frozen lug and will get some fish filets. I live near carstairs and am in the middle of the country. I was hoping to fish the east coast, lothian or fife. Can anyone give me some pointers re a mark and what baits, I have a lot of rigs,leads etc , I am only looking for a wee hand to get started again, fairly gently at first. even a day fishing close in would do. if anyone would like to join me that would be great as well.

johnwh

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Hi mate, a warm welcome to the forums. The only area I have fished up there is Loch Long near arrochar. The best bait up there is rag but lug will do. Red feathers do well in deep water baited with a bit of mackerel especially in amongst the kelp.
Cheers
keith :D :D

johnwh

Post by johnwh »

Cheers mate, dont know if I will get out, its -22 for second night in a row, diesel froze up this am in car. Cant see any sign of a thaw.

johnwh

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi John, welcome to the forum. Sorry im no help with your area, but would suggest you keep your rigs simple, 2 or 3 hook flapper for example. Good luck with it when you get out, keep us informed how it goes. Cheers..Mick

johnwh

Post by johnwh »

Managed to get out at last,went to seacliff beach monday and thursday, didnt catch but enjoyed myself. Met some other anglers and picked up a few tips. If anyone fancies some company then I am up for a session. I live in the middle of scotland so can manage any side of the country.

johnwh

PuddleSplasher

Re: returning to shore fishing

Post by PuddleSplasher »

johnwh wrote:Hello,
I am returning to shore fishing after 20 years, have a couple of rods and will stick with fixed spools the now as I dont have the confidence to use multipliers just yet.
johnwh
What skill do you see others using that you need?

Where will you be fishing? What type of ground do you expect to fish?

Do you need help?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scotti ... =firefox-a

taod

Post by taod »

hi bud if you want good cod ill tell ya go to dunbar golf club walk down to the green gates with your back to the gates look to you right youl see the light house fish between them on a full tide fish this side of light house 200 yards and hold on to your rod i fish bunbar from my boat every year there is a big hole near the light house its full af big cod good luck