loch etive 22nd & 23rd oct 2010 + pics

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
tonymc101
Occasional
Occasional

loch etive 22nd & 23rd oct 2010 + pics

Post by tonymc101 »

well better late than never my computer crashed so here we go left home sat morrning at 10am and found out the heater in john's landrover didint work good start as it was going to be a cold weekend arrived at the loch at 4.30 pm
went to look at a few marks but was'nt that deep so one more mark got there and a car had just pulled up on the grass and as we drove on to tthe beach they ran to where we were going to fish so desided to fish ardchattan church got set up just by 6.00 pm nothing for the first two hours till after high water then the fish started to bite all doggies at first then a few spurs best one to 3lb fishing was good till 5am then nothing through the night three lads turned up and fished next to john and over the next three hours proseeded to keep casting over his line and reeling him in and they had a few harsh words as there was four hundred yards of beach to johns right never mind back to fishing we try to grab an hours sleep at 6am to bloody cold so had some cheese burgers on the b.b.q just great went over to the south side to have a look for some marks but it was blowing a gale so came back to the church and started to fish again very very slow i got one very small dab and a small whiteing then dead all day sat we were going to fish till sun 12 noon but by sat 8pm frost cold and no fish to be had we called it a day and headed home got back at 3.15 am and here is a few pics till next time tony & john ps still worth the trip will never get tired of the loch

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

Good report there tony.
Pity some clowns have to spoil it by casting over your mates line when so much loch to fish in.
Had to laugh at the desperado that jumped out of the car and ran to where you were going to fish to claim the spot for himself.
Glad you managed to get a spur and other species while you were there.
And tell your buddy to get his heater fixed for future trips.
Fishhunter

tonymc101
Occasional
Occasional

Post by tonymc101 »

thanks fishhunter the land rover is having the heater fixed soon tony

Esskie

Post by Esskie »

Hi and thanks for sharing Tony,
As mentioned by Fishhunter already, pity about the 'hollow-heads' casting across your mate's line all the time.......with all that shoreline too! :-/

Myself, Pter & Weegi, both forum users, are Etive bound this Sunday coming for a day's boat fishing so your post is especially interesting to me.

Heard through reports on here and stuff that the spurs are in abundance at the moment?, although a nice cod or pollack would be better I've no complaints........ask me that question after nothing but an hour or two of spurs nicking the baits & see how the answer differs ;)

Weegi & I keep track of who nails the 1st fish, most fish, heaviest fish and/or most species for a bit of fun so Etive will hopefully provide a few more points for us :)

Really is a beautiful place and the shots with the two tripods and rods are good, the water was like glass eh?!

Thanks again & best regards, Andy