Boat fishing outings Scotland east or west

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
pter

Boat fishing outings Scotland east or west

Post by pter » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Andy (Eskkie),Weegie and I were gutted that a recent boat trip out of Dunbar which was cancelled due to the skipper not having enough people to fill the boat. This booking was on a Friday and was made six weeks prior to the event...surely the interest in boat fishing off the East coast is not that bad :( :( :( . Anyway we want to investigate any potential interest in booking boats for either East and West coast anglers .It may be that some of the West Coast guys would be interested in a day east and vice versa with the East coast guys fishing the West. Who knows it could give the opportunity to form a club of guys within the area.
Any way this is a "starter for 10" so if there is any guys within the central belt of Scotland interested then please let us know...I am based in west lothian with Andy in East lothian and to be honest up to and over the forth bridge could be included.

pter

Post by pter » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Aye dont all rush at once :( :( :( I thought there would have been a few guys who would have loved a few days a year out boat fishing instead of staring at the horizon :( :( :(

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Shame really, fortunately living in lancashire I have no trouble filling a boat every time I book one. Most times there is always someone disappointed.
I would have thought most lads would have jumped at the chance.
Cheers
keith :D :D

pter

Post by pter » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Keith,
I have my own 14 ft boat with cuddy ( lying in the garage for 5 years) however a number of years back I had my engine nicked and lost heart in the sea fishing after it :(( .Got the sea fishing bug again and I do enjoy the beach fishing with the guys that I have met on the site ( Esskie is great company and the beach shelter scenario etc brings out the big kid in me :D ) however there is no comparison to boat fishing re catch ratios and I loved the freedom of having my own boat and hunting fishy areas :) . Not long until she shall be back on the water again( new engine in the offing) :D I however love the outings with a group of guys and an experienced skipper over some hot marks. I can see me ending up joining some of your trips down south , come to think of it ,not a bad idea to meet some of you guys over a libation, get a bit of the banter and a few fish :D :D

Esskie

Post by Esskie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:05 pm

I meant to post in this thread long before now, my apolz for that one Pedro!

I mind you mentioning it to me, it's certainly changed days right enough, most of the old charter skippers I know from fishing trips still do fishing but you get the feeling they make more from divers than anglers?

I know there are loads of people into shore angling around here, even in my wee neck of the woods here!......only the other week the woman in the co-op asked me if I went fishing at Torness for bass as she was sure she'd seen me down there while picking up her hubby

Seems to be the case where everyone just wants to stick to & protect their own spots & marks these days Keith?, before in a time when fish were more numerous, fellow anglers seemed much keener to share baits and marks with each other but now?.....well like I say...changed days :(

I'm lucky enough to have met with Peter through this forum and have been on and have trips planned with Loch Etive on the 21st, a proper gent in every sense of the word.
I think we had a bloody god laugh the last time we were out on that all nighter Peter, despite sleeping on concrete for that spell waiting on the tide but the jokes helped :D

On a serious note though, I'd love nothing more than to take part and do what I could to ensure a sea angling club born from the forum!, even if it's nothing more than a few of us going out on shore trips and/or boat trips every month or whatever!
The SF.org SAC :D :D

thedarg

Post by thedarg » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:29 pm

As a relative novice to fishing, and a total newcomer to sea fishing, I'd be glad of the chance to help fill a boat from time to time, especially if that also gives me the chance to learn a bit about what I'm trying do.
I'm semi-retired, so I'm often free midweek, and can travel easily (Perth being at the hub of a pretty good road network).
If you ever need a bod to fill a boat, and don't mind being saddled with a newbie who will probably ask the most stupid questions, drop me a line.
Regards,

Ian

taod

Post by taod » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:59 am

hi pal new to this site dont go with those guys when you go to dunbar ask anyone for thomas or old puffin they will take you and its cheaper good luck >:)