St.Abbs To Eyemouth Marine Conservation Area?

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
Esskie

St.Abbs To Eyemouth Marine Conservation Area?

Post by Esskie »

Hi there,
This is the first I've heard about this myself but wondered if any other forum users maybe know anything about it regarding being allowed to fish?

Apparently for 1 mile straight out from St.Abbs harbour down to Eyemouth is a marine conservation area, not that I'm complaining!. Quite the opposite infact, the more we do to try and save whats left of our fish stocks the better!

No, what I wondered is are we still allowed to fish at and around St.Abbs and Eyemouth harbours and the shore covered by that conservation area?

Surely yes, there are caravan sites scattered all the way down that coastline with people staying in them wetting lines

I always return undersized or un-needed fish whenever possible but I'd hate to be fishing away and get told to move through my own ignorance of the area!

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi im not to sure on the right to fish these areas but i do remmember a post on this site a short while back about this type of thing and it saying that there are or was going to be some areas made no fishing ill try and find it and let you know where it is falling that im sure someone will post the link up for you before i find it
steve
ps i think it was in the genarel forum

Esskie

Post by Esskie »

Cheers Steve,
I've been having a trawl myself but keep turning up stuff about bass conservation, equally as important of course but not specifically what I'm trying to find out.

There are definitely some really good marks that are still open to anglers at St.Abbs, some good deep water a lob from shore.

There was an open comp from N.Berwick to St.Abbs just recently too :-/ , that ended there though.....the exclusion zone starts/started there south to Eyemouth.

Until I find out more about it I think I'll be fishing the marks north of the harbour just to be on the safe side ;)

Cheers, Andy

pter

Post by pter »

Hey Andy,
Remember keep me up to date of any future forays, loved our last outing..no fish for me but we had a great laugh .. hey thats what its all about primarily having a good time with a few fish hopefully flung in :D :D aint it great how a bottle of good red puts a new perspective on things :D :D give me a pm bro on your latest forays and give my regards to weegie..

Esskie

Post by Esskie »

pter wrote:Hey Andy,
Remember keep me up to date of any future forays, loved our last outing..no fish for me but we had a great laugh .. hey thats what its all about primarily having a good time with a few fish hopefully flung in :D :D aint it great how a bottle of good red puts a new perspective on things :D :D give me a pm bro on your latest forays and give my regards to weegie..
Hi Peter,
Good to hear from you pal ;)
Hope all's well with you & your's up there. Same old same old down here I'm afraid but that could be a whole lot worse :D

I ended up going along to Dunbar on Friday and fished the flood on the rough ground at the back of the old harbour, I think I maybe had too big a hook on though as I was getting loads of good rattles but nothing landed :(

Spoke to a surfer who fished too, he stopped for a natter on his ascent from the depths lol. Anyway, he was saying he could feel loads of fish hitting his legs as he came in the exact spot I'd been at moments before :(
Still....I'm particularly chuffed at managing to get my eldest son Greg to come out tonight, he's not too bothered about a rod (I'm working on it!) but he can man the stove! :D :D

Next time your down this way for an all-nighter we will go to the other side of where we were, there's a soft beach to park yer arse on but also the outflow too ;) ......surely with a big peeler in the water all night we can get you a bass!!