Poor day on the East Neuk

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

Poor day on the East Neuk

Post by scottishcodhunter »

up and out with my young son by 5am headed to Anstruther for the Summer Comp -but first had to get past St Andrews and the last day of" the open "- :((
arrived early so drove around some marks to have a look,The fishing boundries were St andrews to Ellie - and thought -maybe today ? It was not to be -We were fishing the end of the ebbe and low water in the heavy Kelp for Red Cod ,
At first was just losing leads on the rotten bottoms but as the water got lower the hooks were catching and loads of gear lost -my son was was really fed up putting on traces after every cast :( moved to several marks around Cellerdykes and Crail - finally the blank was off a wee wrasse , later had a good fish on but lost it in the kelp and fell on my ar**-that was my last and only big hook up -
it was a long day and hard work so -congratulations to all the winners it was a day for local Knowledge paying off -but I will be back for the winter comp -Steve

hb1961

Post by hb1961 »

does any one still fish the pier? as its been 12 years since i last went on holiday there, miss and love the place and people , so welcoming. cheers hugh

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

A warm welcome to the forums mate, sorry I can't comment, not my area.
Cheers
keith :D :D