loch etive 29th & 30th of may 2010

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
tonymc101
Occasional
Occasional

loch etive 29th & 30th of may 2010

Post by tonymc101 »

well we left home at 6.30 am and arrived at the loch at 12 noon we had a quick look round and picked our spot weather was cloudy and raining off nd on all day but that did not put us off we got set up and started to fish by 1.15 pm my firast cast i got my first ever spurdog small yes but a first still then my mate john got his first of the day we think it was a sea scorpion his look tell's it all and not long after iam into another fish and my best of the day 7lb 3 oz spurdog and iam over the moon and it nearly killed me getting it in then a short time later john is into another fish and with him going red in the face i new it was a better one and it was a 5lb 3oz thornback and a first for him he look over the moon then about 3.00 pm i get my third spurdog it looked a good 3lb then nothing till sunday at low water again and i get my first ever thornback great feeling it looked about the 2 1/2 to 3lb mark and it was all over and time to go home we will be going again soon i hope

ps sorry conger11 was looking forward to meeting you but got side tracked hope too see you next time. tony and john

pps thanks scottishcodhunter had a great time

scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

Post by scottishcodhunter »

well done mate :) I just love fishing Etive ,you just never know whats around , and it is such a great setting rain or shine ,7lb 30z spurry would have given a good fight #:-S

tony you must come and join us on the boat trip in Aug B-)