Occasional
Occasional

2010 boat fishing Loch Etive

Post by scottishcodhunter »

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I can make it anytime and can offer transport to another 4 on a fuel sharing basis I drive a 2ltr deisel estate car and I can help out with suitable rods and reels at no charge.
Cheers
keith :D :D

scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

cheers rabbi2 - I have some boat rods to lend out for the day if that helps anyone .

C1NN1C

Post by C1NN1C »

I am interested and would like to attend this trip I am retired and can attend most times, but would bring my own honda inflatable boat unfortunately is only max of 2 people for sake of comfort. I live near Stirling so for me is not such a long trip. Again I have spare rods and reels for sea fishing if they are needed. will watch this thread for any further data. Any chance of me attending ?

C1NN1C

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi may sound a stupid question but i assume this would this be a camping /bb type trip and for how long
steve

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I can bring my seastar holds 3 with new 5hp engine

Cheers
keith :D

scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

once we have a date we can sort out those who wish to stay over -I usually stay 1 or two nights -the night before as we collect the boat at 8.15am and often drive back when finished as it takes 3 1/2hours for me to get home - but if I can stay another night I try and squeeze some time to fish from the shore -

Their is plenty of B/b in Oban (10 miles away )and loads to keep you busy at night -and thier is a caravan /camping site in the town i have used it many times -so once we have numbers we can book boats and book B/bS or camp site as it does get busy quickly

So someone get a date started ?

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

How about arriving on the Fri 27th Aug. Fish Sat 28th, for those who need to return for work. Leave Sun 29th. For those who don't work fish from the shore on the Sunday and return home on the Monday the 30th?
Cheers

freetime

re dates.

Post by freetime »

sounds good to me health being good? Only problem would be accomodation over the weekend. Looking at links on the loch etive fishing site, i cants find dates that give the friday night all seam to start from saturday. Unless there is a hotel close to loch. might get a discount for block booking?..

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

How about B&Bs? Surely they would cater for us.
Cheers