Any good fishing spots in the Aberdeen area?

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
northlanguy

Any good fishing spots in the Aberdeen area?

Post by northlanguy »

I am working in the Aberdeen area a few days a week and wondered if anyone can tell me if there are any good places I should try for fishing.

I have a car so can get all the way up the coast to Peterhead if needs be?

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

cant really help you with your query mate and it will probably be a while before someone on here comes along with some advice as this scotland forum is massively slow and not many people use it anymore although the rest of the site is buzzing which is a bit strange.
Its a pity that so many Scots have signed up to use the forums but dont ever seem to be here.
Hope someone comes along to help you out soon.

Fishhunter

freetime

Post by freetime »

hi depending on what you are after fish wise . good marks are rocks at Usan ( just up the coast from arbroath, coddling,) Bervie (Good flat fish, from shore). try stonehaven for boat fishing also arbroath, lots of charter boats working the rocks north of arbroath. Hope this helps.

HBFASH

Post by HBFASH »

Loads of good marks all around Aberdeen.
The rocky stretch of coast to the South has some very productive rock marks, notably the flat rock near Altens, this is just south of the deep inlet with a very noticeable band of red rock which faces north.
Best bet is to take a walk along the path, start at the railway bridge beside Altens and walk down then had north for a couple of miles.
There are tonnes of places to try.

Old porlethan rocks are productive, particularly the ship mark.

The beach at Aberdeen gives flounders and the odd bass, but the beach is very busy in Spring to Autumn with the public.

Similar remarks apply to the coast north of aberdeen, with loads of unspoilt beaches and miles of rocky coasts.

Perterhead south breakwater can be really good, and offers deepish water 1/2 mile into the sea from your car door.

Point your rod to the sea and wander, that`s what I`ve done there.

northlanguy

Post by northlanguy »

Thanks very much for the info. :)