St Abbs blank

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
mac47
Occasional
Occasional

St Abbs blank

Post by mac47 »

Headed down to St Abbs last night to have a go for some cod with Fishhunter and blanked in near perfect conditions. The wind was ENE and at times very strong with the sea well stirred up. The fish just didn't want to play apart from a rockling for fishunter. We fished the flood for about 4hrs with lug, rag, crab etc.
These blanks are becoming a habit that I hope to break over the weekend in the NE but in saying that there does not seem to be many cod in Scottish waters this winter. Well thats my excuse anyway.
Mac.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Sorry to inform you that myself and Manic have caught them all but we didn't like to boast.

We will however tell you how its done.

Oh by the way, thanks for the report as it just shows that we didn't miss any. lol :D :D :D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
Cheers
keith :D :D

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mac47 »

I knew it wasn't my fault :) and I'll bet you had decent bait!
With better tides this week I hope to get a bucket of lug and try again cos thes blanks are driving me nuts.
Mac.

scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

Post by scottishcodhunter »

Mac -give me a shout as up here Im having a great season plus strong easterlies on Mon-tue wed-next week -we have to stop your blanks :D

It has been so good that I have stopped posting up my catch ?????????????? still not got my double yet -----------------but ive been very close
steve