i see there's a match soon in Arbroath

Anything Scottish Coast sea fishing related here
stroodsue
Advanced User
Advanced User

i see there's a match soon in Arbroath

Post by stroodsue »

it would be great to hear whats been caught up there in my old toon!!

looking forward to seeing reports from the couple of matches i have seen in sea angler!!

Sue

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mac47 »

Hi Sue,
The fishing around your old toon even from the boat has been a bit patchy this year. There were loads of undersize codling but not many keepers. In saying that there were some easterlies last week and I heard reports of a few cod being caught from the shore so perhaps things are looking up and we could be in for a good winter.
Will let you know how things develop over the coming months.
Mac

stroodsue
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by stroodsue »

ty be good for it to pick up some then a lol

Sue

scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

Post by scottishcodhunter »

Heading down fri/sat for a shot at some of the earlies its been blowing a gale from the east /south east so heres hoping -some of the marks will be very unsafe if the SE WIND contiues so if anyone is heading that way BE SAFE and dont go alone ...........Steve

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mac47 »

scottishcodhunter wrote:Heading down fri/sat for a shot at some of the earlies its been blowing a gale from the east /south east so heres hoping -some of the marks will be very unsafe if the SE WIND contiues so if anyone is heading that way BE SAFE and dont go alone ...........Steve
There is a picture of Stoney harbour in todays BBC Scotland website Steve. It confirms what you said about safety. Let us know how you get on,
Mac

scottishcodhunter
Occasional
Occasional

Post by scottishcodhunter »

Mac had a life jacket and floaty suit on I got knocked over about three times It may sound unsafe for most but I know this area well and know when to fish and when -not to . so I was safe with my experience of the conditions and in no danger of being taken by the sea just a sore a***

I set up at 1-30 am and fished until 6am HT being 4am
My rewards were a couple of 2lb codling )returned safely for another time ) and a couple of flatties and my losses were several 7oz grippers and a d-vice and a number of crabs stealing bait - but I will be out again this week to try out some new marks

mac47
Occasional
Occasional

Post by mac47 »

Hi Steve,
I guess your granny told you the same thing as mine said to me.
' Work hard at school on the three r's, reading, writing and arithmatic son and then if all else fails you can fall back on your a...'.
Been hearing reports of a few cod being caught down this way, which is a bit unusual but not surprising as there has been a good head of fish here all year. We were thinking of heading up your way soon particularly if the easterlies continue but before that there is a boat trip out of Seahouses next sunday. Will let you know how we get on.
Mac

fishhunter
Regular
Regular

Post by fishhunter »

Dont know if this is the comp you are asking about Sue but the Arbroath sweepstakes first match took place last night 31/10/09 and according to info i have read on WSF the winner was Alan Combe with 46lb ( 8-> ) of cod including one at 12lb.
Nice