hurst castle-disgusting!

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

lozzy

hurst castle-disgusting!

Post by lozzy »

we went fishing to hurst castle yesterday, although we couldnt fish cos it was blowing a hoolie but as we walked over the little foot bridge we looked down and there in the little river were 4 stary smoothounds, gorgeous fish all of about 8/9 lbs! and yes you guessed it DEAD!

someo0ne had obviously fished it caught them and decided they didnt want them so instead of throwing them back let them die then chucked them in the river! (prob a competition)

dont do it its disgusting!
if you catch fish to eat fine do it humanly, if you dont want to keep them put them back to give other peoiple a chance to catch them or to give them a new life!

whoever did this i hope you never catch another fish again in your life!

limpetboy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by limpetboy »

hear hear, hate" fishermen" who do that sort of s*it

Harwoody
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Harwoody »

People who do that shouldnt even be sold a rod.
Thats not fishing, thats slaughter. And for no reason!
Im not gonna continue on coz all you regular forum users probably know what im trying to do.
Its not right...

night-fisher
Occasional
Occasional

Post by night-fisher »

WELL SAID

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Absolutely right Lozzy there has been growing dis-respect for all sorts of things in the last few years - especially human life and peace going by what seems to happen in big cities these days. I am so glad I live on Hayling Island although even here we have seen some chav activity in the last couple of years. Last summer some chav angler as I call them caught a 4 ft conger and just left it lying on the grass alongside the car park. You can imagine the re-action of some of the residents here.

silverfox
Regular
Regular

hurst

Post by silverfox »

Good call mate.

Probably to lazy to walk back to the sea and return them. We always weigh any bigger fish a put them straight back.

Welchy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Welchy »

eccles wrote:Absolutely right Lozzy there has been growing dis-respect for all sorts of things in the last few years - especially human life and peace going by what seems to happen in big cities these days. I am so glad I live on Hayling Island although even here we have seen some chav activity in the last couple of years. Last summer some chav angler as I call them caught a 4 ft conger and just left it lying on the grass alongside the car park. You can imagine the re-action of some of the residents here.
Thats what it comes down to, a lack of respect for anything, society is breaking down, sad but true.

lozzy

Post by lozzy »

thanks guys i appriciate your comments, still 3 days on im still disgusted and am thinking about writing an article for sea angler to try and deter others from doing the same thing!

locky

Post by locky »

hi.this is my first post. hi to all.
this is a sore subject for me. X(
i fish chesil a fair bit.especially last year.could nt help but trip over dead smoothies as you walk along the shore.what is wrong with people!!!
if you have contributed to this disgusting act and are reading this post, i hope like others have said you never catch a fish again.you dont deserve the right to fish!