and the winner is........

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

aircooledadams

and the winner is........

Post by aircooledadams »

....Calshot. For the most discarded fishing line left on a beach!

Being new to sea fishing I decided to spend the entire day driving about the south coast and walking stretches of beach today, to pick up a bit of "local knowledge" . Spoke to people at most of the marks at South Sea, then went to Lee-on-Solent, after that over to Langstone Harbour and finally Calshot. I've never seen so much discarded line in one place, every direction you walked, you found it. I felt embarresed to be a fisherman. Spent the next half hour or so walking around with my son, picking it up and putting it in the bin.

Didn't see one fish come out anywhere either.

waverider14
Regular
Regular

Post by waverider14 »

Hello there I have to agree with you me my wife and my little girl walked calshot the other day and I picked loads up because it gives us anglers a bad name me and danny also picked litter up there the other night....come on guys its our sports rep your ruining. X(

dannypanter
Advanced User
Advanced User

bad admin

Post by dannypanter »

Maggy lane and Calshot are two of the worst areas i have seen in a long time for peoples bad admin and general SHIT!! like what was said before Jay and I along with other fellow fisherman have spent hours tidying up after other pepole being to lazy to take thier crap with them. local residents down maggy lane has sort advise from local MP's and the Council to get fishing banned along there and have put in complaints to local tackle dealers. lets not give them a cause for concern.

danny

rag
Occasional
Occasional

Post by rag »

some people are so bloody lazy or just don't give a sh*t about what damage discarded line can do, thankfully it's only a small % of idiots and most of us anglers allways make sure we leave no crap behind. AD

waverider14
Regular
Regular

Post by waverider14 »

The worse thing is at Calshot there are bins all the way along the car park which you have to pass to get in your car your right its just a few people being lazy and as they say if the cap fits!!! X( X(

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Some folk are content to live in crap, but the worst part is that they expect others to live in it! X( X( X(

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

Well ill pickup what ill find but im not going to walking the whole beach!!!!
im use it it i got a dog and im always picking crap up.Seems a shame. :((

jaymzd

Post by jaymzd »

The other day on Southsea Beach I foung a filleting knife, the handle was poking out of the shingle, it was like something from king arthur and the sword in the stone when i pulled it out. Just glad I found it and not some kids

thebigbassman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by thebigbassman »

jaymzd wrote:The other day on Southsea Beach I foung a filleting knife, the handle was poking out of the shingle, it was like something from king arthur and the sword in the stone when i pulled it out. Just glad I found it and not some kids
yes good job no kids found it but that was most probs just someone who FORGOT about it not one of these idiots who leave all their rubbish behind

aircooledadams

Re: bad admin

Post by aircooledadams »

dannypanter wrote:Maggy lane and Calshot are two of the worst areas i have seen in a long time for peoples bad admin and general SHIT!! like what was said before Jay and I along with other fellow fisherman have spent hours tidying up after other pepole being to lazy to take thier crap with them. local residents down maggy lane has sort advise from local MP's and the Council to get fishing banned along there and have put in complaints to local tackle dealers. lets not give them a cause for concern.

danny
Does that suggest that those two venues are much "snaggier" to fish than all the other marks around the south? I mean, is all the discarded line being washed in with the tide from people loosing tackle on snags rather than just people just chucking unwanted line at their feet, if they have no use for it?

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

I have said about this before but when people cut there line of have a birdnest and even unwanted hooks take a empty plastic bottle and put it all in them find the bin it don't hurt to keep the beach clean , these people who do leave there unwanted stuff on the beach should think how they would feel if their kids was to fall on a rust hook or even go through a finger as for fishing line it does make us look bad , and i aint chuffed to find a pile of dogs poo next to me when i set up , but if we do our part then are hobby or sport is safe and any left over bait that you don't want to take home don't leave it on the beach throw it in the sea ,
Gary