Seaspray
Occasional
Occasional

Sea Angling Licence

Post by Seaspray »

Adrenaline-Junky

Sea license

Post by Adrenaline-Junky »

Government can piss off he just wants more money, i would not get one and i think most of the other sea anglers would have the same attitude. but in Spain they already have that law about a license to fish in the sea.

Reels_on_wheels

License

Post by Reels_on_wheels »

I would love to see how they could eve try to do this. Who would have to pay? Would a child have to pay if they were fishing with their parent or guardian and I would like to know what they would do to me seeing that I am wheelchair dependent and can only access certain places. Would they expect me to pay the same as everyone else who can access beaches throughout the UK.
My answer to the Government is that they can k|$$ my @$$ before I pay for any sea fishing.
As Adrenaline-Junky says, this is just another way of trying to get more money from us.

BOBFLY
Occasional
Occasional

Post by BOBFLY »

if your not happy about the thought of the sea angling license,it will come in,which in my opinion is a good idea as long as it is done properly,netting restrictions(no netting within a mile of the shore)bag limits,realistic size limits(commercial boats can land bass at 14.5inches,these bass have never spawned,)if you dont want the government to whitewash us,do something about it,write to your mp or join the the N.F.S.A they are there for us sea anglers,and are trying to get the licence sorted in our favour,if its done properly like the freshwater licence disabled,children and oaps will get concessions,(if they have to pay at all)

:-S

well thats me of my soapbox :-/

regards bob

Seaspray
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Seaspray »

I hear what you saying Bob and can relate to it, but can you honestly say that monies raised will go help sea anglers. I have been fishing for over 50 years and done all types Freshwater, Fly, Boat and Beach, and I can see where the coarse licence has helped but this has been done in conjuction with fishery owners the Environmental Agency and most sensible anglers, and the improvements can be seen, but I really fail to see how this can be applied to our coasts due to the diversity of users, but I appreciate your opnion, Incidently I have written to my locaL MP this morning expressing my concercerns but I aint holding my breath

BOBFLY
Occasional
Occasional

Post by BOBFLY »

Seaspray wrote:I hear what you saying Bob and can relate to it, but can you honestly say that monies raised will go help sea anglers. I have been fishing for over 50 years and done all types Freshwater, Fly, Boat and Beach, and I can see where the coarse licence has helped but this has been done in conjuction with fishery owners the Environmental Agency and most sensible anglers, and the improvements can be seen, but I really fail to see how this can be applied to our coasts due to the diversity of users, but I appreciate your opnion, Incidently I have written to my locaL MP this morning expressing my concercerns but I aint holding my breath
seaspray.as i said if its done properly,but i think the same as you that it will just be another money making scheme for the government,i also have a freshwater license and i agree we can see the improvements that it makes to the rivers and sea,improved water conditions lack of polution etc,but i think unless the government get it right and the average angler can see an improvement in the angling,and is therefore prepared to by a license of his own back without having to be bullied or threatened into it,unless this happens i think most of the money will be sucked up in policing the beaches etc,
but we need to get our voices heard,write to your mps,(as you have done) >:D< next step is we need to get behind the NFSA if the government dont listen to us as individual anglers,thay have to listen to our governing body,
well thats me off my soapbox again, ;)

regards bob

PUBANGLER

Post by PUBANGLER »

I am an insure boat angler myself and have had some really good days fishing in the Solent this year. However I cannot help but feel sorry for the many shore anglers who most of the time find it very difficult to catch anything worthwhile. I have witnessed within a mile from shore netts and long lines that stretch all the way from the Hamble to Stokes bay. So what are the chances of catching anything decent from the shore ?

I for one will be all for a rod liscence providing the government impose an exclusion zone for commercial fisherman.
I would like an exclusion zone of at least 1mile from shore clearly marked with bouys so that there are no excuses for the commercial boys.
The government to clearly define and empose penalties for fishing commercially within the exclusion zone. Firstly fine them then impound their boat for repeat offending. Inshore boat anglers, like myself, could help to police the exclusion zone by photographing and reporting any sightings of offending boats.

It would appear that cod are beginning to return to our waters in bigger numbers since limiting cod fishing in the North sea. I for one believe the same would happen with other species if we had an exclusion zone and stop all commercial fishing within our rivers, esturies and harbours.
If it takes a rod liscence to make angling more enjoyable by increasing the chance for shore anglers to catch something decent then I am for one all for it. Otherwise we all carry on as we are and sooner rather than later their will not be any fish for anglers or the commercial boys.

jh1tf1

Post by jh1tf1 »

We are not going to get anything out of a Seafishing licence, they say they are going to put in reefs yes they are they have 12 planned for the whole of the UK!hmm that will make a difference. And if we keep with our current labour government we will be drawn so heavily into the EU that we will lose our borders and any bloody foreigner with a boat will be able to fish right up to the shore!