plaice rigs

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

plaice rigs

Post by nthendpompey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:07 pm

as the plaice season is not far away from us,was wondering what has been folks best rigs that theve caught the old red spots on.and at what state of tide.
mine has been ,rig,drop down wishbone ,first couple of hrs of flood tide,or a d-vice rig at same state of tide.

petethehatch
Occasional
Occasional

Re: plaice rigs

Post by petethehatch » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:49 am

nthendpompey wrote:as the plaice season is not far away from us,was wondering what has been folks best rigs that theve caught the old red spots on.and at what state of tide.
mine has been ,rig,drop down wishbone ,first couple of hrs of flood tide,or a d-vice rig at same state of tide.
I notice these days mick anglers fishing tide out or up these days.i love my dvice mick I use them all the time hard to get now.i got 100 dvice ordered through the post most are short ones payed 120 quid for them.sold half on ebay.made 130 at the mo

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:47 am

Not sure that it matters which rig one uses although I also use a wishbone. More important are the conditions which I summarize as around HW with a flat sea, clear water, sunny and calm. These were exactly the conditions when a while back a bloke I know had three decent ones off Hayling on 28th February using lug bait. Also have plenty of bling on the snoods, black and green beads seem to work well.