anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

February fishing

Post by pompeyjoe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi all,

I know the weathers been bad lately but just wondered if anyone's been and had a go?

I know Februarys normally pretty quiet but I've got tomorrow off and was wondering whether to have ago maybe along Southsea somewhere, or opt for a pub lunch instead :D

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Pub sounds good ;)

malta

Post by malta » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:25 am

PompeyJoe

Unfortunately have been too busy with work and running my youngest lad around to county training and county matches (rugby) at weekends recently so haven't got out.

That, the Bass ban and feb being traditionally slow has meant that the rods have stayed in the garage.

Would be interested to hear if you do go whether there is much around.

Also was there much caught in the recent match at eastney? apart from whiting/

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks for the replies

Didn't hear any results at all from the comp should imagine it was mostly whiting etc though.

Decided not to go although its a nice day, not many posts on here lately so must be quiet. Think ill wait until March hopefully things will start getting a bit better then.

Off to the pub it is then :D

Cheers Joe

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Don't know anyone who does February until end of the month when the plaice return. Even then you need a couple of calm sunny days to have a hope of finding them.

petethehatch
Occasional
Occasional

Post by petethehatch » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:22 am

southern league comp sat that was cancled.herd angler went by coffee shop eastney,yesterday afternoon.seem to have a good day 20 small bass two dabs and loads of whiteing.i cant beleave how eastney very good on fishing,lets hope flatties are good this year

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:21 pm

as eccles says,towards the end of this month start targeting the plaice.not too sure if settled weather is really needed,as ive caught a fair few plaice in the past at a certain location when its been rougth.must try that method again.watch weight on a ledger rig baited with limpet.