Hayling last night

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

spinnerpete

Hayling last night

Post by spinnerpete »

Fished Hayling last night for a few hours 2 rods 1st rod 2 hook flapper with frozen blacks and dirty squid strips 2nd rod in hope of something a little bigger pulley pennel with 8/0 hooks baited with whole dirty squid and black lug. Bites from the off most casts on the flapper rod returned with a double shot of whiting and some cracking sized 1s too nothing on the big baits it was just getting annihilated by ting as soon as it touched bottom so still yet to land my first Hayling cod of the year but more determined to crack it

Tight lines pete

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

At least it wasnt a blank mate, cheers for the report ;)

ringma

Post by ringma »

Good session. It must be carpeted with whiting out there right now, and several of them are bigger than we've had round here for many years. How to get past them for any codling that might still be around? Anyone ever had any success with a the kind of self-baiting live bait rig they try down at Dungie? It's not worked for me yet, anywhere.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

I know a bloke who had a 20lb cod off south parade pier many years ago on a live bait pout. But that was a one off me thinks ;)

spinnerpete

Post by spinnerpete »

It does work you just need to put the hours in ideally I would of used 1 the other night but only had my rig winder box with none in there and no rig making bits like a plank but as they say you learn from your mistakes

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

We have all been there mate and forgot stuff. But there is always a next time ;)

spinnerpete

Post by spinnerpete »

Been tying rigs like a demon this week and sorted my winter fishing bag now so should be prepared for most situations fingers crossed ill be putting it to good use soon

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

yep as stu said ,weve all been there with rigs etc left at home.been before and left my reels on the table after a clean.got two rig boxes now,one with big fish traces and other #4-2/0 rigs
hope you get your hayling cod pete.
mick

spinnerpete

Post by spinnerpete »

Im sure I will had a fair few last year from early October at Hayling and according to my fishing diary last 1 was 28th December so got a month to crack it

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

nice xmas pressie