weather thoughts....

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

mikee75

weather thoughts....

Post by mikee75 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:17 am

Hi all, not been fishing in a long time, family etc etc.
But thought id post just to show im still here lol....
So we are having a major gale it seems this weekend, just wondered on your thoughts for the fishing during and after the storm passes, last year we had some major storms up and down the country and it seemed to affect the fishing immensly all year.
Do you think it will improve this year? Will it die on its a**e as it did last year?
Just tempting you guys to get some grey matter going and get a disscusion going :)
I cant get out yet so might as well talk some fishing to get the blood going.
Mikee :D

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi Mike, Can't be worse than last year can it? Up until last year I had several sizeable bass virtually every year since moving to Hayling. Last year not one over 2lb and very few mackerel either. However, I have already heard of some bass being taken locally and suspect that this may be because the sea has not got really cold this winter and is already beginning warm up. My plan is to go for bass after dark (that is the best time in my experience) in around two or three weeks assuming the weather is kind.

petethehatch
Occasional
Occasional

Post by petethehatch » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:27 am

hi ya mike,yep same here not been out much,got the boys rod christmas not used yet waiting for right weather,hopeing easter week end to get out,looking at weather not looking good,

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:25 pm

yep agree about the weather.was planning a early morning try for the redspots at eastney Friday.seen the forecast ,so thats out the window.
what I did notice last wkend whilst walking the dogs by the winner sand bank,hayling.was a surfy bit of water with calm water then surf for 15-20yrds to the shoreline.very bassy me thinks.may give it ago with the waders in the morning.lw @5am hw@ 12ish. a few hrs before missus goes to work looking for bass or flounder and watching the sunrise.
happy easter everyone.

petethehatch
Occasional
Occasional

Post by petethehatch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:40 am

Happy Easter to you to mick and members

mikee75

Post by mikee75 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Hey guys sorry for late reply,
Well going on your sightings it seems its already looking more promising this year, and strange how water seems warmer, but I spose given mild winter its a given. Think its going to be at least a month before I manage to even think about hitting the beach, its been over ayear now, begining to wonder if ill even remember how to tie a knot lol.
All things given its looking more positive for this year, dont venture about much and prefer to camp overnite, so hayling here I come, soon, ish...... I bloody hope!!
Pompey,, nice to see you hit your spots mate, sounds a good fish! Well done mate.
Happy easter all and may the fishing gods be with ya lol.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:20 pm

I know the red spots are there.so I put my theory to the test that they don't feed when the tide runs hard,so fish the slack waters just as they turn .along eastney it seams ,depending on tides spring or neap,on a spring its 3hrs before hw.inmy appion.but it works

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Post by Iknowagoodplaice » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Happy Easter all. Flatty fishing, in my extremely limited experience, does seem generally better at slack water - certainly was true out in boats. Since I never catch any plaice off the beach I have no evidence to offer there. Be interested to know if anything is caught well away from HW, which seems to be the time everyone concentrates on.